blup blup
Sunday, June 29, 2008 @ 8:24 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
The trip to Peacehaven was okay. It was quite awkward at the songbird [is that the name?] ward at first. Because of communication problems, it became difficult to understand the people there. Our singing was also, I would say, nice, but still not really great to listen to and I don't think our audience could even understand us. We brought fruits over and made origami for them too. After that, I went off with Pamela, Sihui and Jolene directly from Peacehaven. We took a bus to Pasir Ris MRT station. I didn't know that Downtown East changed so much - as in the entrance area.
I then spent quite a painful evening at home with my poor knee. It took quite a while for me to get to the shower as I was afraid of the pain. Never did I think that I would trip over a loose drain cover [again]. Drains are dangerous, aye.
Today's guitar lesson was good. Jason [ I think that's his name ] was suddenly so hyper and all - he kept volunteering for everything. And he shaved his head 0-0 I thought he became a monk or something. Turned out that he shaved for a cancer donation drive. He was asking Brandon why he didn't shave too [they are from the same school] and joked that Brandon doesn't have any sense of humanity. When teacher asked him to write out the rhythm on the board, Jason got it all wrong - except for the first beat. And teacher asked us, "Who thinks this is correct?". Only Jason raised his hand,"ME!". LOL.
We were given a new piece to learn again and Tammy and I were wondering which note should be sharp. We didn't ask the teacher so it was only until Eugene asked teacher that we knew. It seems to be quite a good thing to sit next to him as he would ask the teacher or if he knows, he would just do a demo. But in the class, there's still no conversation - unless you count those between Jason, Brandon and Nathaniel, or Tammy and Eugenia. And it has been almost eight months.
I then spent quite a painful evening at home with my poor knee. It took quite a while for me to get to the shower as I was afraid of the pain. Never did I think that I would trip over a loose drain cover [again]. Drains are dangerous, aye.
Today's guitar lesson was good. Jason [ I think that's his name ] was suddenly so hyper and all - he kept volunteering for everything. And he shaved his head 0-0 I thought he became a monk or something. Turned out that he shaved for a cancer donation drive. He was asking Brandon why he didn't shave too [they are from the same school] and joked that Brandon doesn't have any sense of humanity. When teacher asked him to write out the rhythm on the board, Jason got it all wrong - except for the first beat. And teacher asked us, "Who thinks this is correct?". Only Jason raised his hand,"ME!". LOL.
We were given a new piece to learn again and Tammy and I were wondering which note should be sharp. We didn't ask the teacher so it was only until Eugene asked teacher that we knew. It seems to be quite a good thing to sit next to him as he would ask the teacher or if he knows, he would just do a demo. But in the class, there's still no conversation - unless you count those between Jason, Brandon and Nathaniel, or Tammy and Eugenia. And it has been almost eight months.
Labels: guitar