celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
hear here
Sunday, September 14, 2008 @ 6:40 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I wonder what is the cause of a phobia. And I wonder how absurd can people's phobias get. Like phobias of pigeons and flying objects.
Unfortunately, I can say that I belong to this group of people who are terrorised almost daily just because of these ridiculous fears that have found a way to carve a home in our little timid hearts. Of course, I'm not that stupid as to post all my phobias here since Internet is a very dangerous place and I know some will want to scare me. I have all the common phobias: deep waters, creepy crawlies etc. However, I also have weird fears of animals which are within a 5m radius. Unless they got a muzzle on. Cruel as it seems, I am not those cutesy girls who fawn over a cute puppy or kitten.
The trip that TK organised to SPCA five years ago was troubling for me even then. Sure, I didn't run away from the place (it was because I was so afraid the animals would chase after me if I started pushing my chubby legs). They put a rabbit on my lap. Well, I kind of volunteered since I would have to be near that suspiciously looking cat. I was thinking: A rabbit wouldn't have claws as sharp as a cat's right? And they don't look as vicious. I didn't know rabbit had such sharp nails. It dug its nails right into the towel they put onto my lap I was so scared and needed to take deep breaths to calm myself down since they said that animals can sense humans' emotions and they will run wild if they feel nervous. The only thing I could do was to stroke it gently and promise it silently that I will not run and throw it on the floor if it doesn't bite/claw at me.
Funny, I loved animals like crazy when I was much younger. I still remember I almost squeezed a chick to death with my overwhelming love at some egg farm my mum brought me to. Right now, the only animals I love are those animal designs on objects. I can't even remember when it started, this problematic fear. I almost fainted when Klare suggested for us to go to SPCA for SiA last year.
The next most idiotic fear would be calling others on the phone. I don't think it can be classified as a phobia actually. When I call a person, the minute the other party picks up the call, my mind goes blank. Unless the stuff that I want to say is urgent, otherwise I will need some time before starting. My mum thinks that it's a serious problem since I won't call my friends. Therefore she gets happy when the phone actually rings.
"If We Hold On Together" sure is a great song, but it's a tough song to play too. Anyway, we changed to an easier song to play today. All of us were so relieved.
Anyway, on a lighter note, since you are such a loyal reader as to read the whole draggy post, here's a lovely story written by writers Suet Yi and Mei Jun:

The dark tropical jungle smelled full of fear and death. Two brave explorers, Suet Yi and Mei Jun, were very, very hungry. Their food supply got stolen by a gorilla, Ah Ming, the night before.
Nervously, they crept through the muddy, unstable ground, afraid that they might fall. Suddenly, Suet Yi's leg got stuck in the mud.
Trembling, Mei Jun wrinkled her nose and stretched out her hand into the mud to help to pull Suet Yi's leg out. Unfortunately, Mei Jun got cut by thorn which was protruding out from a bush in the mud. Almost simultaneously, Suet Yi and Mei Jun sank deeper into the mud.
At that moment, they could hear chanting from a distance. A group of people clad in tribal clothes were marching towards them. Being stuck in the mud, they were unable to escape when the men tied them up. There was a brief flash of defiance in Mei Jun's eyes, which turned into an aghast expression once she realised that the men were cannibals.
A huge-sized man, presumably the leader of the cannibals, had a smile of pure stunned joy once he knew they had caught food.

It is a good story - considering the fact that we managed to put in all the keywords that Mrs Lau gave us (those in bold. ) and that we did in in less than five minutes.

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.