celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Lego Bricks Story
Monday, February 15, 2010 @ 11:16 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
While playing Jenga with my cousins this afternoon, I suddenly realised how much we have grown.
The memory of playing Lego with them was playing through my mind while playing Jenga. I didn't tell them though, since they will most probably find me cheesy.

I suddenly recalled the Sunday visits after my art lessons when my maternal grandma was still around. Her ang ku kuehs were really great. Each Sunday, I would play Lego with Dennis and Gee Tat. Ivan didn't really play with us much - Gee Tat didn't allow him to play sometimes and I think Ivan would cry if I can remember it right. We were really childish. Actually, the ones who actually played with the Lego bricks were Dennis and me. Gee Tat just preferred to destroy anything and throw his toys around the room. Maybe it's because Gee Tat was so rough when playing Jenga today even though the rest of us were kind of into the game so it reminded me of those days, back when I didn't even need to look up to talk to them.

Funny how it hit me that the three of us used to be so close and have become so distant. Does this happen to other people as well? Or maybe it saddens me more since my relatives on my mother's side are the only relatives I know. It seems that I can only talk to Ivan or Dennis freely now while there's this awkwardness with the rest, strangely.

This Chinese New Year has been really fun - and it's really a great break from all the insane homework and stifling studying. Of course, I don't miss school at all. :D
On Saturday, we went to Dennis' house for dinner. My uncle just painted his house in a new colour so maybe that's why he invited all of us to his house for dinner this year - we usually go to Yu Sheng's place for reunion dinner. Dinner was good but my mum kept pressing me to eat faster since we took turns to eat at the table. I didn't really know how to talk to my cousins initially because I felt kind of awkward and I was one of the earliest. But afterwards it got better gradually and Dennis and I just chatted while watching the television. Ivan and Gee Tat came much later and we watched some parodies on Youtube. Yu Sheng kept sneaking into one of the rooms and wore (if I'm guessed right,) Raymond's motorbike helmet on his head. That boy is still as weird and hyperactive as ever. Oh, and Dennis showed me what he did for his art exam last year. His peacock logo looks really cool! He drew a rough draft for me before showing me the actual thing, which is just a piece of cake for him, considering that he has drawn the same thing for at least a hundred times. And Dennis also taught me how to create the hidden words thingy which is just really cool yet simple when you know how to do it.

Chinese New Year was spent at Gee Tat's house as usual. I decided to wear the dress I wore to SHINee's fansign since the dress I bought for CNY suddenly seemed far too short. I didn't do much there since the boys were so absorbed in playing Halo. I did try to amuse myself with watching Hello Baby on Youtube but it took such a long time to load so I gave up after a while. Poor Ivan lost to Dennis and Gee Tat in Halo. But Ivan did manage to reach his target score so I guess it's alright. Good job, Ivan! Dennis and Gee Tat got many kills, depending on the weapons available. Jeremy kept telling any of the aunts or uncles who went into the room that they raised the average age in the room - He still believes that he is eighteen. Sheree, Kelvin and Jeremy just stayed at the side, chatting about university life and Jason was just asleep at a corner. Dinner was alright but somehow some things were not fully cooked in the steamboat.

Today was spent at Ivan's house. I forgot to bring my belt and my shorts kept slipping so I had to sit with my back to the cupboard in the room in case anyone sees anything they are not suppose to. How strategic.

I was a little bored in the beginning because the rest took a long time to come. Yu Sheng wasn't really a good person to play with since he was more interested in
a) insulting others
b) pigging on the CNY goodies and drinks
c) being dirty-minded
d) standing on Ivan's bed
I watched Ivan play that Rabbid game and when Dennis arrived the four of us took turns to play some of the mini games. Dennis. Has. Scary. Memory. Skills. The rest of our scores are way below his. Ivan later played the food drawing game. I must say that I don't draw fantastically with the mouse and the humongous size of it sure didn't help me. But I didn't get the lowest score, considering that our Yu Sheng somehow could get a wondrous zero. While I was watching them play the chorister-slapping game, I sure am glad that no one slaps me each time I get a note wrong.

Afterwards we played Jenga! It was really fun and yours truly did fairly well. Alas, my luck was down for Reversi today. I really need to brush up on my Reversi skills - haven't played since December. Beware, everyone! I am going to start pestering people online for a game of Reversi once more! Oh and like every year, the food at Ivan's house is great. And for dinner I ate my aunt's vegetarian fried rice which tastes just as awesome too. Wonder who brought the sushi...I love the sushi.

4G1 won!!!!! I was just so happy on Friday. In fact I think I'm way too proud of our class. I even showed my cousins our class decorations and they were like 'woah!'. I love you 4G1!!!

And newsflash: Our dearest girl who is blogging now hasn't even completed half of her homework. I guess it's back to 'chiong-ing' again. Give me back my break!

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.