El Barquito
Saturday, May 07, 2011 @ 5:12 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
It's not right for me to say this, but I can't help but feel a little left out as my friends all take part in SYF in their respective schools. SYF was such an important part of my life previously. Now that I need not give pep talks, gear myself up for grueling practices and rehearsals, I do feel slightly empty when listening my friends talk about SYF or choir.
As much as I wish to join a choir again, I doubt I'll get a chance to do so. There isn't a choir in my current school. Well, Juniper did ask if I was interested in joining Wild Empire. But I really can't decide if I should quit my guitar classes and try for that instead. I know I could shift to another guitar class, but it'll be tough to manage if I were to have so many activities. I'm still thinking about it. Maybe I should audition for Wild Empire first or ask if Ms Ong wants me there. I've not sang for a year already.
Aside from that, I went for the yoga lesson with Shahida yesterday evening. It was painful but it felt sort of relieving and fun stretching my body. I don't really have any muscle ache when I woke up this morning. My body just felt like it was stretched but it's not the usual agony I feel when I run after a long time. Not those kind of muscle aches. Those are horrible.
Yoga is kind of fun, but waiting four hours just for it to start isn't. At least I had my group discussion for my CSM CA1 at the Hilltop Haven so it wasn't so bad. But what am I going to do to fill up my time for the coming weeks? I guess I shall bring my novels with my beloved ipod. Or maybe I could try to watch the TV shows my friends watch: stuff like How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, and Desperate Housewives. My progress is kind of slow though - I'm still watching the first few episodes of HIMYM. I don't really watch shows with so much kissing or flirting actually. But there's always a first time! Maybe after watching more, I'd finally be able to understand all the innuendos the rest of my friends seem to know about.
Then there was also the failed plan to watch the movie 'Source Code'. The original plan was just to catch the early afternoon show at Cathay. Unfortunately, we couldn't agree on another movie when we decided not to watch 'Source Code' anymore. Quite a few people decided not to go too and we ended up with just Elijah, Matin, Zi Wei and me. Somehow, the four of us ended up at the bowling alley where I watched the boys bowl. Zi Wei also managed to learn how to tie his shoelaces that day. It's kind of weird how 'watching a movie' turned into 'let's go to the bowling alley'. Pascal even predicted that we would end up not watching a movie in the end that morning. His prediction actually came true. But it was fun nevertheless.
Now I just need to find someone else to watch 'Source Code' and 'Rio' with me.
Labels: CASS, School Days