I love my free time
Sunday, September 04, 2011 @ 12:28 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
My visit back to Crescent on Thursday felt strange. I felt kind of jaded. Like I didn't belong. I used to see my seniors coming back and rushing to take pictures with the teachers. There was no such thing for me though. Perhaps it's because I was never close to my teachers to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I think Crescent teachers are truly awesome and passionate about their job. I just never got close to them, like my friends did. It doesn't help that I wasn't much of a 'clique person' back then too. I was always with different people all the time in class. But I got to know great friends nevertheless. I hung out with Yimin and Angela during recess breaks and I have Jo who is my oldest best friend. My friends called me the 'social butterfly' however, since they all have their own respective cliques that I never really belonged in, unfortunately.
It was fun catching up with my Crescent friends though. Crescent would always be a big part of me - I think it's the same for every Crescentian. It's where I met so many friends and found myself. I had lunch at The Soup Spoon with Jo, Adeline, Jia Sin and Hazel. The pumpkin soup is lovely by the way. We ended up playing 'Truth or Dare' at the Esplanade's concourse area. No one did any dares actually. It was more of a 'Truth' game instead. We played until it was time to go and it was a fun game. I got to know a lot more about my friends.
I managed to finish the novel I bought last month, One Day, and a vanilla milkshake while waiting for Mummy later. Mummy actually got too carried away with her work that she was late to meet me for dinner. At least it gave me enough time to read the ending of the novel. I find the last few chapters rushed and too sudden. If only one of the main character didn't die so easily. It was as if the writer took the easy way out and decided to kill of the character. I'm now curious about the upcoming movie based on this book. It would be cool to watch how they are going to film the story of the characters growing over the years.
A good part of Friday was spent in town. As usual, Ziwei was late and I managed to find the HMV store in 313 Somerset despite it being my first time there. I should have gone there today instead! I just heard that there is a new stock of Super Junior's fifth album today! I didn't get to buy it on Friday because it hadn't arrived yet. I ended up buying Céline Dion's album instead. Ziwei also reconfirmed just how few American TV shows I've watched when he arrived later. At least I watched a good part of the dramas in the Korean section.
After walking about aimlessly while gossiping chatting with Ziwei, I decided to head over to Bugis. I didn't spend much time at the library since it was pretty crowded. After borrowing two books, I went home after lunch. One of them is a quirky story about a guy with a drug problem falling in love with a girl with a mental disorder. I accidentally dripped a tiny bit of spaghetti sauce on one of the pages while reading it. Teaches me not to eat a big plate of spaghetti while reading in a cafe.
I'm not sure if I should get a job for this semester break. Maybe I should after lazing around a week more. I spent the days watching dramas, writing stories and reading books so far. Maybe I should learn to cook or something. Although that's only IF Mummy even allows me near her kitchen. The last time I tried to cook, I burnt the bottom of the pot while making soup. No one told me soups could burn!