Deciding
Thursday, June 14, 2007 @ 9:46 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I just took the Naruto personality test that was on Si Hui's blog. The evil character that I am is Zabuza. What an awful name, well, I've never really liked Naruto anyway. They describe him as a swift and silent killer. =]
Well, I've decided to take up drawing again. My mum has been trying to persuade me these past few months to draw again. I was adamant - the only exceptions I made was drawing for Visual Arts. Even for that, I never really tried my best. I was afraid of what I would see. I was afraid of imperfections. Since December I made a decision to quit drawing unless it's really necessary. It was quite painful but it was even painful when I saw how ugly my art was. It was horrible...my paintings started to be sloppish. I couldn't draw Manga anymore. Not even that. Even my still life drawings of plants are horrifying. That was when I told myself to stop drawing, as it seemed that I do not have that talent anymore. My mum was quite upset over that. So began the "Trying to persuade my daughter not to waste her talent" campaign. Lol, kidding.
Anyway, while I was reading the newspaper yesterday, I saw my sketch book at a corner. I picked it up and suddenly just started drawing. At the end I was exhilarated. I designed three lady's suits, plus a life drawing of a plant. That made me realised what I've been doing these months was just moping around. Such that I never really tried my best in all I'd done.
Btw, my mum was really in a generous mood yesterday. While I was at home designing clothes and doing my homework, she went shopping with 2nd aunt. She bought a toaster oven, rice cooker, three cds - Maroon5 [a Maroon5 shirt was also given but was too BIG for me], Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight, and a chinese pop singer. I'm not really familiar with chinese songs but I think it's 'Prince' by Zhang Dong Liang...
Lol, my mum wants to improve my chinese so she bought a chinese cd. Best thing: She rented another three comics for me!!! Was so happy!
Well, I've decided to take up drawing again. My mum has been trying to persuade me these past few months to draw again. I was adamant - the only exceptions I made was drawing for Visual Arts. Even for that, I never really tried my best. I was afraid of what I would see. I was afraid of imperfections. Since December I made a decision to quit drawing unless it's really necessary. It was quite painful but it was even painful when I saw how ugly my art was. It was horrible...my paintings started to be sloppish. I couldn't draw Manga anymore. Not even that. Even my still life drawings of plants are horrifying. That was when I told myself to stop drawing, as it seemed that I do not have that talent anymore. My mum was quite upset over that. So began the "Trying to persuade my daughter not to waste her talent" campaign. Lol, kidding.
Anyway, while I was reading the newspaper yesterday, I saw my sketch book at a corner. I picked it up and suddenly just started drawing. At the end I was exhilarated. I designed three lady's suits, plus a life drawing of a plant. That made me realised what I've been doing these months was just moping around. Such that I never really tried my best in all I'd done.
Btw, my mum was really in a generous mood yesterday. While I was at home designing clothes and doing my homework, she went shopping with 2nd aunt. She bought a toaster oven, rice cooker, three cds - Maroon5 [a Maroon5 shirt was also given but was too BIG for me], Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight, and a chinese pop singer. I'm not really familiar with chinese songs but I think it's 'Prince' by Zhang Dong Liang...
Lol, my mum wants to improve my chinese so she bought a chinese cd. Best thing: She rented another three comics for me!!! Was so happy!