celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Similes
Friday, July 06, 2007 @ 3:40 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Slacked a lot during mass run again. Feel quite guilty, I lost Pam, Pearlyn yet again too =((. Sorry guys! Or gals for that matter. I only saw Deb who was running with me. It was only after we cross the bridge that I saw Pam and Pearlyn. Sihui couldn't run as her wound hasn't healed. I'm really really sorry for not waiting!!! It's just that I was running real slow so I'd thought you all were right behind me. Will try hard to slow down - especially at the crossover and the bridge.
You know, I am so sick of the window's view that when some cleaner placed a trash bin on the slope, both Deb and me suddenly shouted something like, finally there's a change in the view. That's how sick we are of the grassy slope. What's worse is that the slope is going down towards us, making it seem so depressing.
During Literature, Ms Vicky demanded us to memorise both the definitions of similes and metaphors respectively. And when she wanted an example, Jaclyn blurted, "As red as Mr Goh's underwear!". Everyone was shocked and laughed real hard. Then the whole class went "Awwwww". That was after Mr Goh's lesson.
Almost fell asleep during Chinese. Btw, managed not to fall asleep during History for the first time. Just that I had to copy previous lessons notes from Deb.
Okay, since I still have some time left, shall post about yesterday then. Mr Tay came and it was just like normal...just that he wanted us to do our stretching standing up - meaning it was much much more PAINFUL than normal. Oh, the excruciating pain...we had to bend our backbone backwards while side-stretching or else he will pull it back for us, not caring if it cracks. Sheesh.
Then for the first time, I sang Las Amarillas. That's coz of my illness. The first time was almost disastrous but Mr Tay didn't say anything. Then after some time, we had to do mix, which was what I dreaded. The only thing I like about mix is that I can stand next to other 1C1-ers. Was next to Elizabeth and after that, Evangeline stood in between me and Zi Yu. That's the good thing bout being in different sections from your classmates I guess =] Anyway, with coaching from Zi Yu [ Thank you Zi Yu!!] I managed to pronounce some of the mexican words during mixing. Heee, then Evangeline almost got side-tracked by my singing. Must be more focused! Haha, kidding. Anyway, she sort of scolded me later for singing so loudly since she found it difficult to comcentrate on her parts. Well, the problem with me is that the higher I get, the louder I get too.
But seriously, the climax of the song was really high-pitched. Well, it is for my section that is. The altos sang really low. Deb asked me a real weird question this morning btw. Coz Evangeline told me that I sang so high, Deb [who was sitting next to me] said that it's a bit funny that I can sing so high when my voice is so low. Alright then, shall answer your question properly now:
How low my voice is does not really play a huge part in my singing. My SL's normal voice is lower than even mine and she can sing real high too. You can't really say a person can't sing by how low or high a person's voice is - coz they aren't speaking in their "singsong" voice, as phrased and named by my conductor. During practices, if there is really a need to read aloud a song, and my conductor wants us to say it in our choir voices, it will sound like Mickey Mouse, which is so embarrassing! Lol, and I never sang as high as in choir when not in practices so that's why I sound so low during music lessons ^^ cant be bothered.
Oh well, I'm so long-winded! Anw, we needed to memorise Las Amarillas by next Monday latest - wish me luck!

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.