the longest post
Friday, November 23, 2007 @ 9:24 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I have been having a headache since morning and am very grumpy because of that. Felt close to dying in the afternoon - although it was not as bad as being carsick, my head still pounded incessantly. Homework made it worse. And I dislike numbers.
I did CIP at Science Centre on Monday to Wednesday. Yeah, many found it crazy that I was willing to travel for almost two hours to Jurong. Well, I found it fun doing CIP there though. Monday was okay. Anna and Evangeline got irritated by my comments on how cute the children were. The children were adorable!!! That's one of the reasons why I wanna work there. If only I can have them as my siblings. I was grouped with Anna and Evange on Tuesday too. And this boy from Korea did a cartwheel in front of us in the afternoon. He is really spontaneous 0-0 And after that, he just took one of the chairs in front of me and told me about his age. He is six years old but in Korea, he's seven and he knows how to do cartwheels and he is really proud of that. He likes to draw tanks and proceeded to draw some for me. He took the paper meant for zoetrope.
Wednesday, Ziyu and Andro came. I got grouped with Andro and Clement who came on Tuesday too. We did the twirler in the morning. I love twirlers ^^ But it was also because of it's appeal that we went off late for lunch. Since I was fed up with eating McDonald's and Andro and Clement aren't that enthusiastic about eating there either, we went to some hawker centre to eat. It was a bad idea to sit there to wait for time to pass though. Andro and I were just stuck there being silent while Clement finished his tea. He said that the lady who took his order for his teh must have worked in those wayang operas before since she can shout freaking loud. DIAO. And then for like 30min there was no conversation at all...there was nothing to talk about. Nothing. Then we walked all the way back.
Then it was puzzle cart D. All three of us felt so inferior when this girl came and managed to fix up a wooden cube in a matter of seconds while we couldn't figure it out. Then this China woman came and just sat on the footstool meant for little toddlers to step on if they were too short to reach and started talking to us. She asked about Singapore's education. Clement was the one who was replying coz Andro couldn't be bothered and I couldn't understand her accent. He lied that three of us are the same age and we are sec3s. Wow. And surprisingly, that lady seemed to believe him entirely. None of us are fifteen for goodness sake. He's seventeen and we are not even sec2s. Sheesh.
Anyway, Anna and Evange heard about it and called us 'seniors' after that. We went over to their booth at the other side after we packed up. I did a nice butterfly there. Andro and the others were saying that I do not act my age. I mean, what's wrong with doing a balancing butterfy? There's no age limit. And Clement had to choose that time to get lost. Andro and I panicked since the card to the volunteer room was with me and he can't get inside without it. We had to search for him and it was all very annoying. Turned out that he managed to follow someone else back =.= He got lost somewhere in the marine alcove. Anyway, Andro dedicated a post to him so you can read about him on her blog.
The next day I had choir. We couldn't get into the room in the arts con. since the lady was missing so everyone had to wait outside and practised the songs in the corridor. It was only until ten plus that we could all go in and enjoy the air con. Went with Juniper for lunch. Also bought the other books that I need from the bookshop during that period.
Oh, and I managed to successfully peel an orange without getting hurt yesterday. Serious. Although I took about 20min to do it, I did it! I spent the first five minutes planning how to cut it and how to peel the skin away. But anyway, I feel a great sense of accomplishment- afterall, this is my first time =]]
Well, that probably sums up my week. This is my longest post ever. Round of applause please =]
I did CIP at Science Centre on Monday to Wednesday. Yeah, many found it crazy that I was willing to travel for almost two hours to Jurong. Well, I found it fun doing CIP there though. Monday was okay. Anna and Evangeline got irritated by my comments on how cute the children were. The children were adorable!!! That's one of the reasons why I wanna work there. If only I can have them as my siblings. I was grouped with Anna and Evange on Tuesday too. And this boy from Korea did a cartwheel in front of us in the afternoon. He is really spontaneous 0-0 And after that, he just took one of the chairs in front of me and told me about his age. He is six years old but in Korea, he's seven and he knows how to do cartwheels and he is really proud of that. He likes to draw tanks and proceeded to draw some for me. He took the paper meant for zoetrope.
Wednesday, Ziyu and Andro came. I got grouped with Andro and Clement who came on Tuesday too. We did the twirler in the morning. I love twirlers ^^ But it was also because of it's appeal that we went off late for lunch. Since I was fed up with eating McDonald's and Andro and Clement aren't that enthusiastic about eating there either, we went to some hawker centre to eat. It was a bad idea to sit there to wait for time to pass though. Andro and I were just stuck there being silent while Clement finished his tea. He said that the lady who took his order for his teh must have worked in those wayang operas before since she can shout freaking loud. DIAO. And then for like 30min there was no conversation at all...there was nothing to talk about. Nothing. Then we walked all the way back.
Then it was puzzle cart D. All three of us felt so inferior when this girl came and managed to fix up a wooden cube in a matter of seconds while we couldn't figure it out. Then this China woman came and just sat on the footstool meant for little toddlers to step on if they were too short to reach and started talking to us. She asked about Singapore's education. Clement was the one who was replying coz Andro couldn't be bothered and I couldn't understand her accent. He lied that three of us are the same age and we are sec3s. Wow. And surprisingly, that lady seemed to believe him entirely. None of us are fifteen for goodness sake. He's seventeen and we are not even sec2s. Sheesh.
Anyway, Anna and Evange heard about it and called us 'seniors' after that. We went over to their booth at the other side after we packed up. I did a nice butterfly there. Andro and the others were saying that I do not act my age. I mean, what's wrong with doing a balancing butterfy? There's no age limit. And Clement had to choose that time to get lost. Andro and I panicked since the card to the volunteer room was with me and he can't get inside without it. We had to search for him and it was all very annoying. Turned out that he managed to follow someone else back =.= He got lost somewhere in the marine alcove. Anyway, Andro dedicated a post to him so you can read about him on her blog.
The next day I had choir. We couldn't get into the room in the arts con. since the lady was missing so everyone had to wait outside and practised the songs in the corridor. It was only until ten plus that we could all go in and enjoy the air con. Went with Juniper for lunch. Also bought the other books that I need from the bookshop during that period.
Oh, and I managed to successfully peel an orange without getting hurt yesterday. Serious. Although I took about 20min to do it, I did it! I spent the first five minutes planning how to cut it and how to peel the skin away. But anyway, I feel a great sense of accomplishment- afterall, this is my first time =]]
Well, that probably sums up my week. This is my longest post ever. Round of applause please =]
Labels: cip, Crez chorale