DID
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 @ 10:57 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I'm currently reading a true story about a woman with dissociative identity disorder. It's my birthday gift from my mum this year. And it's really interesting. Can't understand why would people say that it is boring. In fact, it is one of my favourite books! =]
Multiple personalities occur when a person's identity dissociates to the extent that separate existences form, with their very own "identities, family backgrounds, different ways of relating to their surroundings". Dissociative identity disorder most probably may have derived from being too stressed, dissociative capacity, or the lack of care during childhood and in response to any abuse or lack of protection against any traumas. Children are born without a unified identity, it is developed from their experiences and many other sources. Hence, traumas would block this development, leading to a separate identity. It is quite rare though.
My mum finds it creepy. She bought it for me despite the fact that her colleague deemed it boring as she said that what others usually find boring, I will like it and vice versa. -_-
We sang five songs yesterday. Finally learnt the whole of El Barquito. It's a complicated song though. Well, at least it is to me. The rest of the songs were okay. I had some difficulties singing because of my phlegm though. But managed it through and after all, I have pretty much recovered.
Multiple personalities occur when a person's identity dissociates to the extent that separate existences form, with their very own "identities, family backgrounds, different ways of relating to their surroundings". Dissociative identity disorder most probably may have derived from being too stressed, dissociative capacity, or the lack of care during childhood and in response to any abuse or lack of protection against any traumas. Children are born without a unified identity, it is developed from their experiences and many other sources. Hence, traumas would block this development, leading to a separate identity. It is quite rare though.
My mum finds it creepy. She bought it for me despite the fact that her colleague deemed it boring as she said that what others usually find boring, I will like it and vice versa. -_-
We sang five songs yesterday. Finally learnt the whole of El Barquito. It's a complicated song though. Well, at least it is to me. The rest of the songs were okay. I had some difficulties singing because of my phlegm though. But managed it through and after all, I have pretty much recovered.
Labels: Crez chorale