we will miss you
Sunday, December 23, 2007 @ 11:30 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Yesterday's concert was a success although Las Amarillas sounded weird at the end.
During the walk-in rehearsal, I was the first to lead the rest on stage and almost tripped over my gown coz I was not really accustomed to court shoes. Which was why during the real thing, I pulled up my gown when walking down and up the steps so that I can actually watch my footing. My mum they were surprised that we sang as we walked in through the audience. But it was quite cool - since I was the first and people started turning and clapped as we entered. Disadvantage: need to watch my speed, not too fast and not too slow.
They gave us burgers to eat before performance and we went to the choral studio to practise and wait for our turn. I was really nervous for the first few songs but relaxed after that. The combine songs sounded really good.
Then came the thanking part. When Melanie was supposed to thank SA for inviting us, she called them St Anthony instead. It was really funny - imagine calling a boys' school a girls' school. Oh, and the guys thanked a lot of people.
After the concert, everyone rushed to studio one to change out of our gowns. After making sure that everyone has changed, our conductors told us that that was their last performance with us and that it was a great performance. Many of us started crying and before we went downstairs for the reception, all of us hugged Ms Tham and thanked her and Mr Tay. It is really sad coz they are great conductors. They were the ones who helped us sing better. And yes, we are gonna sing our best for them during the farewell party.
I didn't stay long for the reception coz it was pretty late and my mum had to wait for me. There was nothing much to do there anyway. The guys were eating together and the girls were crying.
During the walk-in rehearsal, I was the first to lead the rest on stage and almost tripped over my gown coz I was not really accustomed to court shoes. Which was why during the real thing, I pulled up my gown when walking down and up the steps so that I can actually watch my footing. My mum they were surprised that we sang as we walked in through the audience. But it was quite cool - since I was the first and people started turning and clapped as we entered. Disadvantage: need to watch my speed, not too fast and not too slow.
They gave us burgers to eat before performance and we went to the choral studio to practise and wait for our turn. I was really nervous for the first few songs but relaxed after that. The combine songs sounded really good.
Then came the thanking part. When Melanie was supposed to thank SA for inviting us, she called them St Anthony instead. It was really funny - imagine calling a boys' school a girls' school. Oh, and the guys thanked a lot of people.
After the concert, everyone rushed to studio one to change out of our gowns. After making sure that everyone has changed, our conductors told us that that was their last performance with us and that it was a great performance. Many of us started crying and before we went downstairs for the reception, all of us hugged Ms Tham and thanked her and Mr Tay. It is really sad coz they are great conductors. They were the ones who helped us sing better. And yes, we are gonna sing our best for them during the farewell party.
I didn't stay long for the reception coz it was pretty late and my mum had to wait for me. There was nothing much to do there anyway. The guys were eating together and the girls were crying.
Labels: Crez chorale