Oops
Sunday, July 06, 2008 @ 10:33 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I forgot to post about Mr Poon who came in as a relief teacher for our geography period on Wednesday. Apparently, since our lovely oral examinations are approaching fast, he, as an English teacher did not want us to waste any time and wanted to help us practise our oratorical skills. To give an example of what 'monotonous' means, he randomly grabbed a book from the front row. The book happened to be the one lying on Harriet's table. He then proceeded to read. There was just one particular problem though: it seemed that the passage contained some explicit words that was not to be read to a big audience - especially when we are only young adults. I still remember what he remarked after his eyes widened at the choice of words used by the author, "Young people these days...What are they thinking...the choice of books...". Of course, he showed what 'monotonous' meant in the end - by quoting a paragraph on how the brain absorbs information found in a copy of Readers' Digest on Pearlyn's table. "This, is what you people should read." Was what Mr Poon announced, after he finished quoting.
The oral exercise that we did was to change partners every turn, and to expound on the topic he gave us right before our turns to speak. Since we were in pairs, so each will take turns to listen, speak and comment. Unfortunately, I did not get to speak when the topic in question was what I had confidence with. Instead, I got
When I was listening to Deborah explaining why Avril Lavinge was so trashy to her, I could only catch the three words: Like a mop. The rest was lost to my ears as she was TOO FAST. LOL, she later told me that she said that lavinge's hair is like a mop. XD
Oh yeah, about today's guitar class. My mum and I were rushing to Tampines Mall for my class and were waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. There was this old man who didn't care about the traffic whatsoever and just proceeded to cross the road with his wife. He was saying, “要过,就过。”When my mum heard that, she told me, "What he meant was: 要死,就死。" XD
I made it in time and knocked into this poor soul when I was walking to the place. As both of us were walking towards each other and there was this corner, we just banged into each other. I didn't see him at first coz he was shorter than me. Hahas, poor guy.
I made a fool of myself during the class too. When the teacher called Tammy and me to play Guantanamera, I heard it as "Eugene and Tammy." So when I caught everyone looking at me, I was surprised and asked,"Huh? Wait, ME?". I heard Eugene snicker.
We got a new solo piece again - Speak Softly, Love. It sounds sad and somehow, I felt like giggling when the teacher played it once through for us. I think I'm mad.
The oral exercise that we did was to change partners every turn, and to expound on the topic he gave us right before our turns to speak. Since we were in pairs, so each will take turns to listen, speak and comment. Unfortunately, I did not get to speak when the topic in question was what I had confidence with. Instead, I got
Describe your dream wedding
Describe your dream husband
Give a joke
Explain: Why is ice cream healthy
Why are exams fun
When I was listening to Deborah explaining why Avril Lavinge was so trashy to her, I could only catch the three words: Like a mop. The rest was lost to my ears as she was TOO FAST. LOL, she later told me that she said that lavinge's hair is like a mop. XD
Oh yeah, about today's guitar class. My mum and I were rushing to Tampines Mall for my class and were waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green. There was this old man who didn't care about the traffic whatsoever and just proceeded to cross the road with his wife. He was saying, “要过,就过。”When my mum heard that, she told me, "What he meant was: 要死,就死。" XD
I made it in time and knocked into this poor soul when I was walking to the place. As both of us were walking towards each other and there was this corner, we just banged into each other. I didn't see him at first coz he was shorter than me. Hahas, poor guy.
I made a fool of myself during the class too. When the teacher called Tammy and me to play Guantanamera, I heard it as "Eugene and Tammy." So when I caught everyone looking at me, I was surprised and asked,"Huh? Wait, ME?". I heard Eugene snicker.
We got a new solo piece again - Speak Softly, Love. It sounds sad and somehow, I felt like giggling when the teacher played it once through for us. I think I'm mad.
Labels: guitar, School Days