lead me home
Thursday, October 23, 2008 @ 4:04 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Although it's the last day of school, I don't feel particularly emotional or anything. I think I will feel sad during the class chalet. Our class has the most number of people leaving for IP. Eight, in fact.
Quite a few didn't attend school today. It's Clean and Green Day and some decided not to come and get stuck cleaning the school compound. I had to scrub the walls. For most of the morning, I was running around, trying to settle the class admin stuff. After which I had to finish cleaning and packing up the things that were lying around.
Most didn't have CCA and went out together after being dismissed at 9am. Since there was choir at ten, time was spent idling around with Juniper, Claudia, Evangeline, Ziyu and Anna. After accompanying Claudia to the TA, we managed to be in time. The Monet Lab is simply fantastic after its renovation work. All the gadgets are new and really cool. It's mainly for those who are in the Computer Club. Those digital artworks.
Anyway, we decided which ten songs we are going to sing for Musical Evening. It's your loss if you decided to just go for the first day and not the second. The first day will only feature the band playing. Whereas the second day is power-packed. Choir will also have our own dance moves for those fast beat songs. So people, those who are like Sihui, it's really your loss to miss the second day.
However, I feel kind of unprepared and afraid to go for WYCF in December. I mean, almost all of the people participating are section leaders of their own choirs. Since Juniper will be in Australia during that period and Lixin did not take part, I guess they chose me and I'm happy that I get to go for this festival. But I never had enough confidence in my voice. And it's no joke to learn eleven songs within two weeks. I'm also the only one from my school to be in the SSA choir while the other three are in the SATB choir. Seems like I have to wake up early for those two weeks since I have to be at Bukit Timah by eight thirty.
It looks like I will only be able to rest during the Christmas period. The first part of the holiday is used for the preparation for the class chalet, next year's reunion if possible, and rehearsals for Musical Evening. Next up would be the festival then. Wow, I will be singing twenty to twenty-one songs this holiday. The most I have ever sang in two months was ten =O
Next week will be hectic with the class chalet. It's tough being on the planning committee, I guess. But it's the last thing I can do for the class this year, therefore I must do it well. Ms Li and Mr Tham are now proud owners of our class' mascots: Pinkie and Blackie. They are for stress-relieving purposes, exclusive to 2C1 people of the year 2008!
Shall start on the holiday homework tomorrow. I'm too tired to do it today. Thank goodness I woke up in time just now - I'd almost missed my station while dozing on the train.
By the way, I will be making dedications to people in my next post, till then.
Labels: choir, Crez chorale, School Days