celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
the chicken wings broke my heart
Sunday, November 02, 2008 @ 3:48 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Class chalet was fun but tiring.


I met the rest of the planning committee at Pasir Ris MRT station in the morning like on Monday (when we were doing the trial run). This time I didn't see any 6/9 people though. I saw Christal and Tabby the other time. Anyway, we went to White Sands' McDonald's to wait for the rest who were late. When Jessie, who was carrying the money, arrived, we went to Fair Price to shop for food.
It was pretty fun shopping in the supermarket. Everyone stared at our trolley, which was piled high with junk food. Liz and I dumped our bags into the trolley as they were really heavy. We both got stares from strangers on the train because of our bags. Well, I did try to minimise the number of items to bring.
After buying all the food, we went to KFC to eat our lunch. Jessie took what seemed like a decade to eat her burger. Cassandra went up to Kopitiam to eat though. The rest of us just talked about the weirdest things while finishing up.


Pam later went with Cassandra to find out where is the shuttle bus service while the rest of us were left stranded at the interchange. Thank goodness we went to look at the map and found out where the chalet is. We had to run for the bus though. And we somehow got off at the right stop but didn't know how to walk there. With Pam and Jessie behind, Liz and I discussed on which sign post to follow. Both said "Costa Sands Resort Pasir Ris" but the one on the left had a walking sign. So we decided that the one on the right was for cars and we should follow the walking sign.

It was really tiring. With our overnight huge bags and the food for the class, Liz and I were close to giving up halfway. In the end, we walked one big round around the resort before realising that we could have just taken a shorter route. Anyway, Pam and Jessie were wandering around behind.
Since we needed to check in first, we made poor Tessa S and Cassy to wait with the class at the station before coming over. Haha. After Pam's mum came to help us check-in, we looked around the two rooms we booked. All of us were initially worried about the space but it seemed fine if everyone squeezed around.

Amazing race was tiring for both the station masters and participants. The groups had to run around all between Pasir Ris and the Esplanade. Tessa, Liz and Pam seemed fine with it - only Jessie and I were bored with the waiting. I made do with walking around the two shopping malls but gave up after a few rounds. I'd even walked around the male underwear section. Sitting quietly outside Burger King and Cafe Cartel seemed to be the best idea. However, I forgot about the smokers there and had to suffer in silence for two hours before the first team even showed up.

While sitting, I was wondering if I would get lung cancer after this and there was an old man who came to ask me, 你还好吗? I was kind of embarrassed. Maybe he thought that I was so depressed that I did not want to leave the place. Jessie also called me to ask why the teams were taking such a long time. I told her to chat with the security guards at Kinokuniya.

Our room did not get much sleep that night. The neighbouring rooms partied till 4am. Meanwhile I familiarised myself with the ceiling. In fact, I did not sleep at all - I was the only one who answered Ching Han's question while the rest were sleeping away. Finally at about seven, I saw Yimin went to bathe. I decided to bathe too but Yimin didn't even warn me about the cold water. =/

Part of the day was spent in Escape theme park where I spent most of the time wandering around like a zombie. Since I was close to collapsing due to the lack of sleep the night before and the night before the chalet, some of us went back to the chalet first.
Barbeque party was quite a success. Pam's mum's spaghetti and potato salad was great. We went to Pam's house to peel the potatoes before that.
I went back right after that as I was feeling very sick.

All in all, the chalet was kind of successful, I guess.




© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.