Grow Up
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 @ 9:49 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
The year is ending soon, and I suddenly felt very old today. There will be new juniors next year, and OBS camp - which is what I have been dreading since the start of Secondary school life.
I went shopping with Evangeline on Monday, and we were talking about how insanely high the stilettos are these days. Then came around the idea of slipping on a pair and managing to skip OBS camp since I don't think we can even stand with those spikes. Seriously, stilettos can actually be used as weapons. Just remembering how punctured Valetta's bare toe looked like after Sahana stepped on her with her stiletto heel is enough to send of warning signals in my head. Maybe that's why I get somewhat cautious of people whose heels are potentially sharp.
Our new conductor came yesterday. Mrs Lim, wife of Mr Lim Yau, is a very pleasant lady. Unfortunately, the Soprano Ones were kind of 'scream-y' with me included (sadly). Mrs Lim's breathing exercises are quite interesting: I've never felt so much like a balloon. And I still can't hold for twenty counts. Inflating yourself with so much oxygen sounds easy but it's tough. Teryne was the first one who got 'deflated'. I was trying so hard to keep it in but her influence was too great and I just let everything gush out right after she deflated herself.
Choir practice ended at four but somehow the committee meeting took longer than expected. There was the planning for next year's activities and stuff. We also gave our opinions and reasons about many things.
It was also due to yesterday's very interesting session about the set piece White Horses that I realised how great Teryne's oratorical skills are and how intimidating Ariel can be. They are a very scary pair. It's really bewildering just how Ybin compare people's appearances to animals too.
I went for a hair trim this morning. The hair stylist is pretty good since she isn't like other hair stylists. Usually a trim means cutting a huge chunk of hair in the normal hair stylist's context as they want to let you feel that it was worth your money.
The movie Twilight was not as bad as I thought it would be. Robert Pattison isn't that bad. He's actually kind of...nice-looking? Or maybe it's because of his features. My tastes veer towards fair-skinned people with beautiful eyes. Don't ask me why. In fact, I found the cast quite reasonable with the exception of one person. The character Jacob Black was a HUGE disappointment. Imagine: the next movie will feature Bella with Jacob for a good two thirds of it and he is so ordinary looking? I'm kind of disappointed. My mum just said that I'm biased since he looks the opposite of Edward. And the movie was pretty good by the way.
My mum made a peculiar remark just two days ago. She said that I am always attracted to people who look like vampires. That is a funny thought. Watching Twilight reminded me of it.
For the record: I don't think any of my eye candies looks like a vampire.
I went shopping with Evangeline on Monday, and we were talking about how insanely high the stilettos are these days. Then came around the idea of slipping on a pair and managing to skip OBS camp since I don't think we can even stand with those spikes. Seriously, stilettos can actually be used as weapons. Just remembering how punctured Valetta's bare toe looked like after Sahana stepped on her with her stiletto heel is enough to send of warning signals in my head. Maybe that's why I get somewhat cautious of people whose heels are potentially sharp.
Our new conductor came yesterday. Mrs Lim, wife of Mr Lim Yau, is a very pleasant lady. Unfortunately, the Soprano Ones were kind of 'scream-y' with me included (sadly). Mrs Lim's breathing exercises are quite interesting: I've never felt so much like a balloon. And I still can't hold for twenty counts. Inflating yourself with so much oxygen sounds easy but it's tough. Teryne was the first one who got 'deflated'. I was trying so hard to keep it in but her influence was too great and I just let everything gush out right after she deflated herself.
Choir practice ended at four but somehow the committee meeting took longer than expected. There was the planning for next year's activities and stuff. We also gave our opinions and reasons about many things.
It was also due to yesterday's very interesting session about the set piece White Horses that I realised how great Teryne's oratorical skills are and how intimidating Ariel can be. They are a very scary pair. It's really bewildering just how Ybin compare people's appearances to animals too.
I went for a hair trim this morning. The hair stylist is pretty good since she isn't like other hair stylists. Usually a trim means cutting a huge chunk of hair in the normal hair stylist's context as they want to let you feel that it was worth your money.
The movie Twilight was not as bad as I thought it would be. Robert Pattison isn't that bad. He's actually kind of...nice-looking? Or maybe it's because of his features. My tastes veer towards fair-skinned people with beautiful eyes. Don't ask me why. In fact, I found the cast quite reasonable with the exception of one person. The character Jacob Black was a HUGE disappointment. Imagine: the next movie will feature Bella with Jacob for a good two thirds of it and he is so ordinary looking? I'm kind of disappointed. My mum just said that I'm biased since he looks the opposite of Edward. And the movie was pretty good by the way.
My mum made a peculiar remark just two days ago. She said that I am always attracted to people who look like vampires. That is a funny thought. Watching Twilight reminded me of it.
For the record: I don't think any of my eye candies looks like a vampire.
Labels: choir, Crez chorale