Oh Jungling
Tuesday, December 23, 2008 @ 10:16 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I just read this forum that was on 'Which section is the best?'
I definitely will always side the First Soprano since we are the usually the melody and a song wouldn't sound nice without us most of the time. We are also always heard and hit the high notes. The question is kind of common (Mr Terence Toh asked us that question during the bass-soprano sectional) but there can never be an absolute answer. Mezzos can sing both the high and low notes, altos are really strong since they need to sing harmony for their part. Tenors are really good since they are superb in singing falsetto, basses are the lowest and like altos, are really strong on their part and they are like the foundation for the higher voices. Baritone is also considered great with the same reason that was stated above for the Mezzos.
In the end, I think everyone asks the question because they just want to tell others how proud and how much they love their sections - not because they want to prove themselves to be the best. Ironic isn't it? It is a question that doesn't even need an answer but gives you an opportunity to tell others how great your section is. Every section also makes up the choir; therefore each can be counted to be equally wonderful. I think.
My house was in the midst of being painted last week. However, my skin is a tad sensitive to the door paint. I was painting my room's walls last Thursday and the door of the room swung back, hitting my arm. Since the door had been newly painted, so my arm had a blue imprint on it. It started to get red after a while.
My fourth aunt, uncle and cousin Ivan came to help us paint our house too. It's really nice of them to help, especially when I have a penchant for getting paint onto myself instead of the walls.
I realised that I only gave a very broad idea of WYCF in my previous posts after reading other fellow WYCF people's posts. Therefore I decided to edit my posts in order to give a better description.
There is also the 6/9 gathering later at 1pm and I still don't know where on earth Kelly’s house is. I think I will just get on the bus and ask the bus captain later. However, I will have to miss TK's Christmas party since it's starting at 2pm and I guess it will end quite early.
I think Sean was the only one who noticed that the date set for the gathering was wrong since Kelly said it was 23rd November instead of December. He was telling me that it's impossible to go for the gathering unless the time machine has been invented. Well, I admit I can be quite slow at times but I don't think anyone spotted the little blunder in the month.
Yesterday was spent on the recording of Mama Mia for next year's campfire. Juniper was trying to get us all fired up so that we can attract more than half the level next year. Well, I think it will be fun to sing at the campfire I guess. I'm hoping that it will rain though since the smoke is really suffocating.
After the break, all of us got down to business and our section managed to learn the whole of The White Horses. I take back what I said earlier about the song as it actually sounds nice to me now. Unfortunately, I have no idea why I kept singing in minor key. I felt so guilty for singing wrongly.
I definitely will always side the First Soprano since we are the usually the melody and a song wouldn't sound nice without us most of the time. We are also always heard and hit the high notes. The question is kind of common (Mr Terence Toh asked us that question during the bass-soprano sectional) but there can never be an absolute answer. Mezzos can sing both the high and low notes, altos are really strong since they need to sing harmony for their part. Tenors are really good since they are superb in singing falsetto, basses are the lowest and like altos, are really strong on their part and they are like the foundation for the higher voices. Baritone is also considered great with the same reason that was stated above for the Mezzos.
In the end, I think everyone asks the question because they just want to tell others how proud and how much they love their sections - not because they want to prove themselves to be the best. Ironic isn't it? It is a question that doesn't even need an answer but gives you an opportunity to tell others how great your section is. Every section also makes up the choir; therefore each can be counted to be equally wonderful. I think.
My house was in the midst of being painted last week. However, my skin is a tad sensitive to the door paint. I was painting my room's walls last Thursday and the door of the room swung back, hitting my arm. Since the door had been newly painted, so my arm had a blue imprint on it. It started to get red after a while.
My fourth aunt, uncle and cousin Ivan came to help us paint our house too. It's really nice of them to help, especially when I have a penchant for getting paint onto myself instead of the walls.
I realised that I only gave a very broad idea of WYCF in my previous posts after reading other fellow WYCF people's posts. Therefore I decided to edit my posts in order to give a better description.
There is also the 6/9 gathering later at 1pm and I still don't know where on earth Kelly’s house is. I think I will just get on the bus and ask the bus captain later. However, I will have to miss TK's Christmas party since it's starting at 2pm and I guess it will end quite early.
I think Sean was the only one who noticed that the date set for the gathering was wrong since Kelly said it was 23rd November instead of December. He was telling me that it's impossible to go for the gathering unless the time machine has been invented. Well, I admit I can be quite slow at times but I don't think anyone spotted the little blunder in the month.
Yesterday was spent on the recording of Mama Mia for next year's campfire. Juniper was trying to get us all fired up so that we can attract more than half the level next year. Well, I think it will be fun to sing at the campfire I guess. I'm hoping that it will rain though since the smoke is really suffocating.
After the break, all of us got down to business and our section managed to learn the whole of The White Horses. I take back what I said earlier about the song as it actually sounds nice to me now. Unfortunately, I have no idea why I kept singing in minor key. I felt so guilty for singing wrongly.
Labels: choir, Christmas, Crez chorale, WYCF