the short bout of peace
Monday, December 08, 2008 @ 8:43 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
This whole week has been about choir. And I can say now that I really love WYCF 2008. Especially the pre-festival camp period.
Somehow, I even got a family there. Agnes is my 'mother', with Michelle (bunny) as her husband and many other people being tied into it. XD
Everyone was great and spontaneous and made new friends. I think after this ends I will be at lost with what to do with my time.
It's the first time I've been crammed with nine songs to learn within a week. Each morning will bring a new song to learn and scores to read. It was also really great meeting so many people who are passionate about singing and so friendly to each other.
Although it was only until Thursday that SSA needed to combine with SATB for the combined songs, I didn't really get to mix with Evangeline and Yibin. We go for lunch together though. And Yibin has developed this strange fascination with mayonnaise.
Saturday's combined rehearsal with SNYO for the theme song was cool. We got to see their own rehearsal with Mr Lim Yau and they are really good. Their discipline is also the best I've ever seen actually. Anyway, for once I could sing my very loudest as we were all trying to sing louder than the orchestra. Ms Ong always asked me to sing softer so it felt liberating to sing so loud.
Sunday's guitar lesson was fine and I did some advertising about the festival. Somehow I don't think anyone understood what I said though. Kai Ming just had this really amused expression on his face while the others just looked blank.
After that my mum and I shopped for my concert attire. I managed to get a white blouse before we met Auntie Shirlene and Auntie Clara for a dinner buffet at the Holiday Inn. The buffet was somewhat limited unfortunately. After dinner, we went to look for my skirt and managed to find a black skirt pants at Robinsons. I still find that skirt pants a little weird since I'm not used to such...wide pants.
By the way, if anyone is interested in watching us perform, please get the tickets at $11 from Sistic. I heard that visitors can drop by to watch us rehearse at VCH in the mornings too. =]
Somehow, I even got a family there. Agnes is my 'mother', with Michelle (bunny) as her husband and many other people being tied into it. XD
Everyone was great and spontaneous and made new friends. I think after this ends I will be at lost with what to do with my time.
It's the first time I've been crammed with nine songs to learn within a week. Each morning will bring a new song to learn and scores to read. It was also really great meeting so many people who are passionate about singing and so friendly to each other.
Although it was only until Thursday that SSA needed to combine with SATB for the combined songs, I didn't really get to mix with Evangeline and Yibin. We go for lunch together though. And Yibin has developed this strange fascination with mayonnaise.
Saturday's combined rehearsal with SNYO for the theme song was cool. We got to see their own rehearsal with Mr Lim Yau and they are really good. Their discipline is also the best I've ever seen actually. Anyway, for once I could sing my very loudest as we were all trying to sing louder than the orchestra. Ms Ong always asked me to sing softer so it felt liberating to sing so loud.
Sunday's guitar lesson was fine and I did some advertising about the festival. Somehow I don't think anyone understood what I said though. Kai Ming just had this really amused expression on his face while the others just looked blank.
After that my mum and I shopped for my concert attire. I managed to get a white blouse before we met Auntie Shirlene and Auntie Clara for a dinner buffet at the Holiday Inn. The buffet was somewhat limited unfortunately. After dinner, we went to look for my skirt and managed to find a black skirt pants at Robinsons. I still find that skirt pants a little weird since I'm not used to such...wide pants.
By the way, if anyone is interested in watching us perform, please get the tickets at $11 from Sistic. I heard that visitors can drop by to watch us rehearse at VCH in the mornings too. =]