Bumbling Lives
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 @ 9:36 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Yesterday's concert was good. ACJC choir has always been good from what I heard therefore it was not surprising that they performed well last night. And their concert booklet's cool! With the cover being lightly embossed at the side, it looks really stylish.
I spent the day doing homework at a snail's pace while chatting on MSN. Dinner at TCC with Yibin and Claudia was nice. The sandwich was really delicious albeit a tad too filling.
As for my guitar lessons, I was prepared to be relieved when we finally finish the entire Romance D'Amor piece - only to be intimidated by the new flamenco song we are required to learn. Rasgueado has always been my weakness. I am also dreading learning tremolo since it seems even more difficult to muster than rasgueado. And after doing rasgueado in most pieces, my fingernails are all scratched from the strumming since we are using the back of all our fingers instead of our index and thumb in normal strumming. I have a feeling that after this Sunday, we are going to move on to tremelo, finally, after one year. I must must must try my best for my rasgueado. It's the main reason why I always dread flamenco pieces. Hopefull my rhythm will be alright since I always get thrown off at each new bar. Good bye, my pink, flawless nails. Hello, scratched torn nails. My fingernails have always been my sacrifice for classical guitar playing and I think it's pretty much the same for the rest of those who are learning too.
I was overjoyed upon learning that we are learning 'You Raise Me Up' by, one of my favourite singers, Josh Groban!! Of course, we are singing the choral and not the pop version and hence the rhythm is quite different. But it is indeed a much better song to sing than 'Kalinka' since we still have problems with the dynamics for that song.
I spent the day doing homework at a snail's pace while chatting on MSN. Dinner at TCC with Yibin and Claudia was nice. The sandwich was really delicious albeit a tad too filling.
As for my guitar lessons, I was prepared to be relieved when we finally finish the entire Romance D'Amor piece - only to be intimidated by the new flamenco song we are required to learn. Rasgueado has always been my weakness. I am also dreading learning tremolo since it seems even more difficult to muster than rasgueado. And after doing rasgueado in most pieces, my fingernails are all scratched from the strumming since we are using the back of all our fingers instead of our index and thumb in normal strumming. I have a feeling that after this Sunday, we are going to move on to tremelo, finally, after one year. I must must must try my best for my rasgueado. It's the main reason why I always dread flamenco pieces. Hopefull my rhythm will be alright since I always get thrown off at each new bar. Good bye, my pink, flawless nails. Hello, scratched torn nails. My fingernails have always been my sacrifice for classical guitar playing and I think it's pretty much the same for the rest of those who are learning too.
I was overjoyed upon learning that we are learning 'You Raise Me Up' by, one of my favourite singers, Josh Groban!! Of course, we are singing the choral and not the pop version and hence the rhythm is quite different. But it is indeed a much better song to sing than 'Kalinka' since we still have problems with the dynamics for that song.
Labels: choir, guitar, School Days