celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
The Second Attempt
Friday, November 20, 2009 @ 10:20 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Our very first 3G1 class outing was miserable, with only seven people present.

Our second gathering was also less than half the class. Around sixteen went (Yitong and CTTT joined us for dinner later) and most that didn't go actually did not have much of a reason to refuse. I would not hide the fact that I am indeed disappointed that most who were absent chose not to go just because the venue was 'too far' and they were 'too lazy to'.

Let's just say I am utterly taken aback by these people. So much so that I do not even have the means to feel any anger. It's just... ... Shock. Shock due to the large number of people who chose not to go - that is exactly what I felt.

I thought a class gathering is for bonding. Isn't that the main objective for most outings? If so, what's with the 'too lazy to go' excuse? It's not even a reason. 'Too far'? I find it's quite unfair to the rest of the fifteen who came took the trouble to go - shouldn't most of us take the effort to do so too?


But I don't really feel angry with these people. I guess I'm too surprised. After all, this is the first year that I find so few classmates turning up for gatherings.


It was alright I guess. Rosi and I met at Tampines Interchange in the morning to do some shopping in preparation for the BBQ. I was late as I didn't know the bus service Rosi took would take such a short time to reach. And it was also partly because I forgot to bring along Jia Wen's SHINee's merchandise and had to make a trip back home to get it. Rosi and I were eating at Subway when I suddenly saw Jia Wen sitting at the open area in the basement of Tampines 1. We sort of loitered around the shopping malls after that. I didn't really know how to bring them around since Rosi kept saying that she was really sleepy.

They also mistook Tampines 1 for Tampines Mall. Rosi loved Century Square's second level ladies though, as it has the sofa inside. We then settled down at Starbucks whereby Jia Wen and I just stared at Rosi while she drank her mocha. Haha.

After Jia Wen left, Rosi and I proceeded on to Bedok station, where we waited for the rest to come. We had no difficulties finding Ms Chee's house since the block she lived in was one of the tallest in the vicinity.

The first word that sprang to my mind when I entered was: clean. Maybe it's because the floor and walls were white or beige. But Ms Chee's house is really nice.

Most of the girls were playing mahjong in one of the rooms the whole day while the rest settled for watching television programmes. It was the first time I watched a mahjong game up close. It seems like it needs lots of brain power to play it. Probably that's why old folks say that mahjong will help to prevent them from becoming senile.

In the end we couldn't have a BBQ although I'd already booked the pits at ECP. Which was kind of disappointing to me. However, it wasn't the case for those mahjong addicts since they got to continue with their game. We then boiled the sausages and meatballs we bought. We spent quite a lot of money on food that day actually. We ordered pizzas for lunch and then Macs for dinner.

Everyone ate while watching the movie She's The Man on some channel I guess. Charmaine (TTT) and Yitong arrived afterwards and had their dinner there too. Although 3C2 got to go to Ms Chee's house earlier that week, I heard that they were 'chased out' of the house after eight. But our group managed to stay on till nine since we wanted to finish the show. And even as we left, I think there were still some people playing mahjong.

But it was still fun on the whole I suppose. =]

Labels:





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.