celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
The Three Wise Men
Friday, December 25, 2009 @ 2:40 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
My mum loves her Christmas card. :D

I spent around four hours on it. Quite a lot of ink was wasted on printing the photos. But I spent the most time on the Christmas tree on the card. It was worth it.

Yesterday's trip to Chinatown ended with me buying a cap, and four outfits imported from Korea. Somehow, most of the shops there have the Korean brand Knit & Co. clothes. My mum and I went with Aunt Siew Lan, an ex-colleague of my mum. Aunt Siew Lan's bargaining skills and long-term visits to the shops managed to get us some pretty good deals. We got around 20% off for most of the things we bought. My mum bought a new bag too.
AND, I GOT MY PAGEBOY CAP. It's a little like a beanie from the back though.

This Christmas, my mum got me plenty of gifts: a set of Button Headphones, the pageboy cap, three pairs of ear studs. Bliss.

Juniper invited me to a Christmas party. I was really lucky to have April with me on Tuesday. Although Juniper did mention to alight once I see an ESSO station and the big cross outside her church, I didn't notice both things when on the bus. Only April did.While we were walking up some slope to the venue, there was this loud bang from the highway behind us. It was kind of scary - I thought it was some explosion. Well, it did sound like those sound effects used in action movies.

When we first entered the room, it was really awkward. Luckily, Juniper's church friend, Priscilla, is a really friendly person. Priscilla helped to introduce us to quite a few of the people there. I really thought Julia was her real sister till Julia told me otherwise. The party was really enjoyable, partly because of the people there. They were really friendly and fun. Foosball was also pretty funny. It was my first time and I managed to do fairly well. Or maybe it was because I teamed up with Mervin and he's pretty good so I didn't look too bad on my side too. Haha. Before we left, we played Taboo with a few people though we had to leave after the first round.

Being with Juniper's church friends reminded me a lot of the times I spent with the CF people during my Primary school days. Thinking about it, I was with CF for near four to five years. I joined Christian Fellowship when I was in Primary two. They were promoting it during afternoon assembly and gave out leaflets to interested parties afterwards. Usually I was painfully shy and wouldn't dare to go forward. Somehow, I just went ahead and attended their first session. And somehow it became my CCA since then. It was also one of the reasons why I didn't join choir in Primary school, since I already had CF and I was really scared of Mrs Simon.





I used to envy those from families with a strong Christian upbringing, or at least there's a religion. All my relatives have different religions - Taoists, Buddhists, Muslims. None of them are Christians though. Aunt Irene seemed quite disappointed that I didn't get baptised. Many found it strange too. The first song I learnt was a Christian song (something about elephants and butterflies) and not a nursery rhyme. I attended the follow-up programme in my Primary school. I still remember the kind lady who gave us sweets every week and we had prayer sessions. CF was also really fun, the worship, games and bible quizzes. I still pray. But somehow going to church seems to be a different matter. A teensy bit intimidating. And if I just went to church because so many people wanted me to, then it's not really a good reason at that point of time when I was still in my previous school. To me, at least.

Labels:





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.