Stacked papers
Thursday, April 29, 2010 @ 7:02 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I wonder if it's actually possible to finish the whole stack of past MYE papers lying on my desk at home.
If only I can focus just on my Chinese language instead of needing to study for my MYEs too...
On a lighter note, I passed my Chinese Oral!!! I almost thought I'd failed because I guessed so many words in the reading passage and my conversation component was really lacking since I didn't really know what points to say... Ah well. The best news to me about this oral exam however, was that I scored a good 9/10 for my reading. Which is just unbelievable, because I'm well-known to be atrocious in speaking Mandarin. Maybe it's because the teacher said I had good expression. Heh. Ah, if only O'levels would be this smooth-sailing...
English language oral examination was not for my mid-year results however - the result will be taken and added directly to my preliminary exam results. Given that I didn't really practise or prepare, I thought I did alright. It was a waste that I stuttered during the reading part and I *gasps* interpreted the picture wrongly! I wonder if they will penalize you for that...
Conversation went rather well actually,
My second question was
"What do you think most Singaporeans like to do in their past time?""Well, I think it's well-known that we love to eat so I guess eating can be considered as our favourite past time. One of our national icons, the Esplanade its also said to be modeled after the durian, a symbolic food of our country. Another fact would be that, if you're overseas, they'd always say that the easiest way to spot a fellow Singaporean would be if they asked what is for dinner when it's just lunch.""You got that right!" "That is so true!!""Alright. Health is wealth, do you agree?"I agree that health is wealth. With health you would have more time to enjoy life. Even if you have wealth, without health, you would be spending time and money on medical treatments, and that just defeats the purpose of having that much money when you can't even enjoy life."
Actually, I think I could have said more and answered better for the other two questions. But alas, because I was overly concerned and nervous about my answers, I didn't really expand or elaborate much on my views. Which is a great pity. I hope I will still be able to do well, despite all the mistakes I made.
Alright then, I shall sign off here to get back to studying!~
Fighting!
Labels: Extracts; anecdotes; quotes, School Days