As the rain slid down the aisle
Monday, November 08, 2010 @ 12:39 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't sleep last night. Perhaps it's just that all this while, I've been trying to forget about everything. But somehow, I suddenly recalled about what she said to me, and all the hypocritical stares I'd gotten previously. I just felt so indignant. Before I knew it, tears were pouring out.
Why do they judge me when they are not the ones who were involved at all? Why do they categorized the whole event as something so stereotypical? It's not a drama they are referring to, but my life - don't they know that? Or do they just wish to make themselves feel good by using that condescending tone of theirs to talk about other people's choices in order to act all high and mighty?
Virtues, I've learnt, are nothing more than actions that are done according to the society's moral code. But principles and values are what we learnt and what we live by. Whether it is right or wrong is up to the individual to define. Sometimes, even though the other party is an elder, I can't help but feel affronted by their behaviour and thoughts. I realise that as we age, we tend to do things to make our conscience feel better even at the expense of others. Would it be too much to think if your words could hurt another person so deeply?
Coupled with my neighbours' shouting, it was no surprise that I couldn't sleep at all. In the end, I got up and only went to sleep at four in the morning. I had to wake up at five for my morning paper however. It was good that I managed to function normally during the examination. My eyes just felt so tired. At least Venice came out for the paper.
Labels: School Days