celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
경기도
Thursday, December 23, 2010 @ 10:50 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
6 December 2010
The third morning, we left for the airport right after breakfast, bidding a goodbye to Jeju. We were then driven to Gyeonggi-do after arriving on mainland. It was time for Everland!

Frankly speaking, if I'd thought Jeju was cold, Everland was freezing. Since Jeju was the southern-most part of Korea, I guess it can be right to say it's the warmest? I didn't even try any of the rides save for the safari ride that Andy made all of us take together as a group. It was too cold for me to even try anything that flings me up into the chilly air. But the safari ride was quite fun, since we got to see animals like the tiger, lioness (the lion wasn't there), bear, giraffe and zebra. The bears were a little lethargic since it's winter and I think they'd much rather hibernate if not for the tempting biscuits the driver was throwing out to them. The bus allowed the animals to be really close to us without endangering anyone's life.

There was also the Zootopia in Everland, making it the first theme park I've seen with a mini-zoo incorporated inside. Mum and I just spent our time there floundering around aimlessly, watching the animals. I even saw guinea pigs and roosters! I wonder how they can bear the cold.

We finally met the rest of the group after the sky darkened. It was beautiful when it was dark - the festive Christmas decorations came alive with their bright lights. I huddled under the heater while they were waiting for the rest of gather at the main gate most of the time actually. So unfortunately, I didn't take any decent photographs of the entire backdrop.

Later that night, we went to a ski rental shop to prepare for our skiing on the next day. All of us had to lug out bags and skiing outfits to our rooms at Phoenix Park Hotel after all the hassle of trying on the outfits and renting the ski goggles. I must say, mum and I were quite lucky to get a room with an awesome view of the ski slops from our window. But our shower wasn't working. By then it was already near midnight and my mum refused to disturb anyone for us to borrow their shower. That was the first time I had to manually splash water on myself using the pathetic bathtub tap. A glass cup was also used. Thank goodness no one dropped it in the bath, otherwise it will be a mess.

I later heard from the others that some rooms had problems too. One could not flush the toilet and they could not use it for the night and another didn't even have water to bathe with!






© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.