celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
If boredom could be measured
Thursday, January 27, 2011 @ 1:19 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Friends may have said that they envy me, since I need not wake up at some ungodly hour today just for The First Day of School. I woke up at six this morning, just so you know, just because I couldn't get back to sleep. 

I sent in my appeal application form yesterday but I shall assume that I'm going to SP since it is crystal clear that my chances are near zero. The night before the posting results were released, I barely slept a wink. I lost the number of times I tossed and turned in bed. In fact, my mum got quite annoyed each time I switched on the lights to get a drink of water or to use the toilet. It just showed how nervous and anxious I was. I finally went to sleep just when MOE sent me the text message. They couldn't have chosen a better time. 

Well, but I guess the earlier the better it is. Especially when I decided to appeal for the JC I want to go to. Although I'm very much aware how low my chances were, I think there's no harm trying. I don't face the dilemma that some of my friends faced: whether they should appeal even when they have to participate in the orientation for the JC they were posted to. By then they would have made friends and to switch to another school after getting familiarised with the environment and people. It's just a really troublesome process. 

On the other hand, for people like me, I need not bother about any orientation till April. I can only see if my appeal will be successful. Come to think of it, if I do get into the JC I want eventually, won't it be kind of awkward too? I think my enrollment will be pretty late by then. 

I'm not against the idea of going to SP by the way. In fact, I'm quite intrigued by my own course. I have yet to find another person who will be in the same course as me. It'll be a little difficult I guess, seeing that the intake each year is only forty. Maybe my class will be pretty small. 

The reaction when people know which course I'm taking is also quite amusing. It can range from "Oh, that is so cool!" to "Huh? What's that?". Hopefully, I will be able to excel in it. There are so many modules each year...Imagine the amount of writing I need to do. 




© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.