Angbaos and pretty clothes
Sunday, February 06, 2011 @ 10:14 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Everyone's busy with school or work after the visiting and celebrating last week. It's time to cut down on my diet again. Alas, there are still a few bottles of Chinese New Year goodies in the kitchen.
It was quite tiring visiting my relatives four days in a row but it was fun in a way. I don't get to meet my relatives often since we don't usually get together - it's a pretty big family after all. Chinese New Year gives us a reason to meet each other and talk to everyone. Seeing my cousins during the lunar new year brought a renewed sense of nostalgia and it suddenly hit me that I've really grown.
Chinese New Year Eve also proved once more that I'm a big klutz and a total featherbrain at Wii games. I only managed not to be the last player in one round. It was kind of fun playing with my cousins nevertheless. The boys grew taller yet again while I remained the same. It was a little awkward at first because I've not seen them for a long time. I think it got alright afterwards, although I didn't chat much the next two days because I was watching movies instead of playing with my cousins. Surprisingly though, most of my cousins were not around yesterday when everyone went to third uncle's house. I chatted quite a bit with Dennis while my mum was with my aunts and uncles. While we were talking, Wen Hao came and I got a big shock when I found out Wen Hao's age. He is already a Primary Five student! It seemed like it was just yesterday that he was a small kid running about excitedly with Yu Sheng. That was when I suddenly have this feeling that I'm old. To think my youngest cousin has grown so fast.
Can you imagine that China has a seven-day long holiday for Chinese New Year? How marvelous for them, while we get only a few miserable days. Oh well.