celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Lurking beneath the ripples
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 @ 11:58 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I have this new theory:

I can only write well when I'm moody. Or feeling depressed.

Call it being 'emo' but it's true. Come to think of it, I never really knew why people use 'emo' to describe behaviour when it's actually a music genre. It was only much later did I realise that it's also a term to label those who are socially-withdrawn and anti-social. Silly me.

Right now, I'm actually working on more than two projects. It's devastating to know that my imagination is in the dumps when I have all the time in the world to develop the different plots. I even started on a new story recently because I was stuck. This time it'll be about a couple with a huge age gap. Fourteen years, to be exact.

Isn't it funny? I often write about romance when I've yet to experience an actual relationship. I guess I can draw on my personal life in some areas - stuff like infatuation and such. Another option is to observe the emotions of the roles in those dramas I watch. Which explains why I get so engrossed in watching those drama serials, sitcoms and even variety shows (or you could just call me a TV-addict). Most of the time, I just let my characters do the work. Sad to say, I have a feeling that my characters are in hibernation mode currently. I don't have any inspiration!

It's also insane that I'm blogging now, while writing/typing my story about the 'age-gap-couple' (I'm going to call them that), with my 8000+ words fantasy word document opened, while researching about fairy tales too. Maybe it's true that females were made to multi-task.

C'mon, I need to revive my characters (and all that angst)!




© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.