celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
The Jury Speaks
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 @ 6:33 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I've always believed that it's in human nature to judge, even if it's wrong (well, then some may go on to say that it's indeed human nature to err anyway). 

Maybe it's because of what the teachers and the aunties used to tell us in Primary school, but I try very hard not to judge too quickly when I meet people. I often give others the benefit of doubt too. It's impossible not to judge however, and without forming an opinion, it's hardly possible for society to progress. Yet, judging could develop a sort of superficiality for us sometimes. It leads to our prejudices too. 

Sometimes, I just feel an intense dislike for someone even if I've not been provoked at all. That dislike often makes me feel 'ugly'. It's as if I'm a monster inside. Maybe I am one. Conversely, there are some who I can just 'click' with so naturally, that it makes me wonder if there are chemicals in each of us with a unique Morse code that attracts and repels different individuals.  

I can't decide if we are all monsters in our own way or if we just all acting self-righteous by saying that we ought not to judge others. Then I'd tell myself that it's pointless having this internal debate with my head and just get back to reality. What strange thoughts I have. 




© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.