celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
A Week's Worth
Saturday, April 16, 2011 @ 11:19 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
This whole week has been fun albeit a little exhausting.

I must admit that FOP wasn't as fun as FOC. It was great to meet my classmates finally. I'd been worrying and wondering about my classmates long before school started and I'm glad to have such awesome people as my classmates. Some of them are quiet and I guess it's because we don't know each other that well yet.

We played a few ice-breaker games and toured around the whole campus on the first day. Well, we didn't actually tour around the whole campus since we were all just so tired halfway through the whole thing. We just slacked at the Hilltop Library in the end. SPICE training didn't go too well for me in the evening since my Mac decided to be temperamental with me.

The second day was spent in the lecture hall and we got to watch our seniors perform for us. I was also sabotaged into being the class 'mascot' for the day. My classmates were nice enough not to tie balloons to my chest, like what some other classes did. I wouldn't mind actually but it's really nice of them not to do it anyway. We went along with some 'Lady Gaga' cum I-don't-know-what-it-was concept. I wasn't sure what they were tying to my body, to be honest. Let's just say it was insanely difficult to untie my costume afterwards. But we did manage to cut it off with Elijah's key later. It was a pretty nice outfit my classmates made for me actually. Just not feasible when it rains, I guess.

We then went to Sentosa on Day 3. The bus got lost and was late by an hour, but we did manage to get to the place eventually. Our class got divided into two and my half combined with another class from DADP to form our Amazing Race team. We were Team 4, which managed not to be the last despite getting to the wrong place twice!

Unfortunately, just a few minutes into our race, Natasya fell on the escalator and the sharp edges of the steps stabbed into her shin. It was a scary sight, with all the blood and all. The beach patrol came to pick her up and brought her to the Medical Center where she got treatment for her wound. Thank goodness she didn't need an injection in the end. Injections are always scary.

The rest of the team went around the different spots and it was exhausting after a while. Funnily, we weren't the last team to get back to Emerald Pavilion, which was our final destination. We were the second last, which was already a great achievement, if you take into account the fact that our team's progress was really slow in the beginning.

Then there was the luge ride! It started raining midway but no one was bothered by it and all went ahead with the ride. Zi Wei and I were the only ones who never tried it before. We were initially insisting on the 'Dragon Trail' which was infinitely easier than the 'Jungle Trail'. The two of us ended up taking the 'Jungle Trail' since the other trail was closed off from the path. It was fun, I admit. I was initially quite freaked out by the speed but it got pretty addictive after a while. Everyone was wet after taking the luge in the rain.

After lunch we headed over to Vivo City, where we watched the movie 'Limitless'. It's a pretty good movie although it has been a long time since I've watched anything this gory or serious. I usually just watch chick flicks or animations. Time to grow up, I suppose. I walked around with a few of my classmates after the movie. We just loitered around, talking about random things before deciding to head home since we had to wake up early the next morning for flag day.

Flag day was tiring but kind of fun in it's own way. An Indian man actually donated $50 without even taking the sticker I stuck onto my can! What a nice person! It was thanks to that fifty-dollar note that I became the top 'collector' in my class. My class had to start off the flag day event with the Director and the VIPs at the Plaza at 7.30am in the morning. We then headed over to Clementi, the place we were all assigned to. I got to know someone from Design School there. He's from Games Design. I didn't get his name though. Oh well. It's the first time I've met someone from Design School, since their school is on the other extreme side of the campus. I doubt I'll see my new acquaintance again anyway.

Elijah, Matin, Stefanie, Ziwei and I went to Raffles Place after two hours in Clementi since it seemed like the whole of Design School was there and there were so many other students asking for donations too. The five of us ended up walking around Marina Bay area and then to Golden Shoe Hawker Center doing nothing much but slack. We eventually went back to school and played 'The Game of Life' in the Main Library for an hour. It was more laughing than actual playing. We met the rest of the class back at the classroom later in the afternoon.

It's a pity I didn't stay for long in the evening. The buffet at the Freshmen Party was delicious! I suffered indigestion however and my stomach was killing me, so I didn't get to eat much unfortunately. Wai Meng, Matin, Stefanie, Joey and I went to Moberly after eating to play Band Hero. Wai Meng was the best faux drummer for the band. We loitered about for a few moments before heading back home after the Wii session since the party hadn't really started and most of the class had gone home by then. 

I think it was great that we had the lunch at Pizza Hut on Friday. Alright, it was my crazy idea long before FOP even started and I wanted a sushi buffet actually. But pizza's delicious too! I've not eaten it for a long time! We took loads of photos at the restaurant and I finally got to eat my beloved Hawaiian pizza. Again, we loitered and walked about after lunch. I think it's becoming our class' distinct trait: loitering about whilst blocking the walkway. Such public nuisance we are. But I love my classmates. Well, I better do so anyway, since we're going to be stuck together for the next three years!

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.