Examen
Thursday, June 02, 2011 @ 10:13 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I hope I won't do too badly for French. Yesterday's exam wasn't difficult but I found the grammar questions mightily confusing. My only consolation was writing out the numbers for the rest of the questions. Anyway, the exam is already over, so I guess there's no use moping over it now. I now have another thing to do during the holidays: to brush up on French so that I wouldn't get into a blubbering confused mess when the new term starts.
We got to know our score for WMP (Writing across Media Platforms) module CA1 today. I'm happy that my score turned out to be above my expectations. Ms Gamar told me that I could have written more for the second section though. That was where I lost out. I could have squeezed one more sentence in. I suppose I kind of lost a few marks in that section. Otherwise, I guess I'm happy with my score. I'm kind of worried for CA2 now - it sounds intimidating. It's something related designing the content of a website with the demographics of the target audience in mind. Guess I'll tackle it when the time comes.
You know, sometimes I wonder why it's in our nature to hanker after things we know we can't get. Even the most realistic and practical person would admit that there are certain things he wishes for in life which he is sure he would never get. But then there is also the hysteron proteron. The truth is that we always want things we don't have. It's something I got from Google actually. I suppose it's human nature not to be contented with what we have in our hands at present. Everyone seeks his or her ideal life - the perfect cardboard lifestyles that only exists in fairytales. Most of the time, they only regret and cherish what they missed when they look back.Yet it's this very human flaw that led us to this day, with all the progress in society, technology etcetera. Even the weapons used to kill changes each war. It's quite an ironic thing.
That aside, I've been feeling quite moody lately. I'm not sure why I feel so down but it's not helping that I'm also getting so tired these days. There is the increasing tendency to fall asleep easily. There are also times when my self-esteem hits the rock bottom and I can't help but feel so ugly and awful. Then I remember the days when classmates called me ugly and weird. I don't know myself anymore. Even the ugly duckling became a swan - am I still the same, or have I changed? For better or worse?
That aside, I've been feeling quite moody lately. I'm not sure why I feel so down but it's not helping that I'm also getting so tired these days. There is the increasing tendency to fall asleep easily. There are also times when my self-esteem hits the rock bottom and I can't help but feel so ugly and awful. Then I remember the days when classmates called me ugly and weird. I don't know myself anymore. Even the ugly duckling became a swan - am I still the same, or have I changed? For better or worse?
What my heart wants is not necessarily what my heart can have. - A Stranger's Heart, Hallmark.
Labels: CASS, Extracts; anecdotes; quotes, French