Meet me, The BBQ Nuisance
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 @ 12:19 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I handed in my termination form for my guitar classes on Sunday. This will be my last month with the class; it has been a long ride. I first joined at the end of 2007 and there were initially ten of us in the class. One by one, all the boys left and only Eugenia, Tammy and me were left. New students from other classes transferred in and out over the years and now that the three of us girls are leaving, I think they are going to transfer another few more students into the class.
I feel bad for leaving. The teacher has taught me a lot and I must admit he has been an extremely patient and understanding teacher. Each time anyone stumbles in the middle of a piece, he would ensure that he or she would be able to play that part or at least know how to figure out the chords or fingerings by the end of the lesson. However, the course fee increases as I move on to higher grades. Maybe it would have been worth it if I'm able to practise more and have drastic improvements in my guitar playing. The fact is that I don't feel as passionate about the guitar as I was about singing. Sure, I enjoy it. But I doubt I'm as passionate about it as my teacher. It is also getting quite expensive to continue. I doubt I'll regret my decision.
On a lighter note, the barbeque at Chuan Ying's house yesterday was fun! I was more of a hindrance than help to anyone, to be honest. I tried to help out but ended up playing with the skewers and food: The epic war of the plates, skewers and rice cooker cover! Then I tried to help fan the fire. I felt really bad afterwards though, since I didn't do much to help. Oh and I stuffed myself full of marshmallows. It's been such a long time since I had them! The last time my mum bought a bag of marshmallows home...I went on a marshmallow rampage, I think. I kind of finished the whole bag in one night and went really hyper. At least I didn't take that many yesterday - well, I don't think I did.
We later cleared up and went back up to Chuan Ying's house to play Wii. It was really amusing watching the rest play the Mario game. Matin crowned himself the 'CareBear Princess' too. After watching others die many times (in the game), most of us decided to head home, save for the few who are staying over. I don't have any photos with me because I left my camera at home. Maybe when the photos are uploaded on Facebook, I might edit this post and pepper it with photos of last night!
Sidenote: My craving for marshmallows has not been satiated. Yet.
Sidenote: My craving for marshmallows has not been satiated. Yet.
Labels: CASS, classouting, guitar