I'm not sure what I did today
Thursday, July 21, 2011 @ 4:59 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
My tutorial today was canceled as my lecturer had a family emergency to attend to. I hope my lecturer is alright. It seems pretty serious if she has to cancel a tutorial in the last minute.
Unfortunately, I was tapping out of the ticketing barrier at Dover station when I received the text message that there would be no tutorial today. Since they were also already on their way to school, I waited for Matin and Zi Wei at the station. We wanted to meet Avelin, Joey and Wai Meng afterwards but they asked us to head over to Orchard Road first since they wanted to finish up their breakfast at Raffles Place. They ended up staying at Raffles Place till noon instead, while Matin, Zi Wei and me ended up loitering in Takashimaya.
The three of us spent nearly two hours at the McDonalds' at Lucky Plaza. I've not been to town for ages actually. The last time I was in that same McDonalds', I was with Juniper, Yi Bin and Claudia. We were ordering the tops for the choir's performance at the Singapore Conference Hall. That was two years ago. I guess I didn't really go out that much when I was a Secondary school student, huh.
We later went to the Kinokuniya branch at Takashimaya. I bought a novel and then dragged the guys over to the stationery section. They didn't seem fascinated by it though. On my way there, I found this handbook on Singlish and it was really interesting learning the different terms. I didn't know Singlish could be so complex or diversified! Anyway, we tried to search for Zi Wei's manga afterwards but either the shelf doesn't exist or the book is hidden in some obscure corner. I'm guessing it's the former.
Lunch with mummy at Bugis Junction afterwards was nice. Mummy bought another two books for me at the Kinokuniya branch over there. They were not really pricey so she decided to buy it for me. I've got plenty of books to read now! I just need to find time to read them all.
[Edit]
[Edit]
I realise I have yet to post about the Leadership training session on Wednesday. It was actually quite a light-hearted session, since the lecturer was a fun person. We started with identifying and making out optical illusions. Everyone helped each other to see the hidden pictures. The lecturer then moved on to sobre topics like Asperger's Syndrome, schizophrenia and depression.
I also got to talk to people from 01 too! The last time I spoke someone from 01 was Collin during the training for SPXperience (which got cancelled, by the way). The two classes don't really mingle anyway. I got to know Amanda, King, Cherlyn, Heidi and I think Asyiqin (I'm really not sure of her name). They were really friendly and candid. At least I now know more people from 01.
[/Edit]
By the way, I just realised it's Racial Harmony Day today! Happy Racial Harmony Day, everyone! Maybe we could get everyone to dress up in ethnic costumes next year!
Labels: CASS, window shopping