celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Same difference
Saturday, September 17, 2011 @ 2:20 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I went to the zoo on Monday. I felt a little disheartened that a few enclosures were closed and the animals were relocated (or hidden, I bet). I miss Inuka the polar bear. At least a few penguins are still there and I managed to visit those which were shifted to Jurong Bird Park during June with Jo. 

It's funny how different it is with different people. I've gone to the zoo with many people before and I realised each visit is a different experience altogether, even if most of the enclosures are the same. The last time I went to the zoo, I was with Rosi and the rest. It was really fun since they were an excitable bunch. I remember the seal (or was it a sealion? Are the two the same?) giving Rosi a big wet kiss on her cheek!

I went with Stefanie, Shaw and Hazel this time. It was a fun time since we went quite early and managed to cover nearly the whole zoo. Stefanie took photos of nearly all the enclosures we visited and I think she has more than sufficient photo evidence of every animal we saw! This is the first time I got such efficient guides too! Hazel, Stefanie and Shaw had no problems with the map and directions at all. I just tagged along and trusted my three guides all the way. 

I think the 'highlight' of our trip was at Kidsworld. We had our lunch at KFC and looked at the animals there afterwards. We managed to feed the rabbits and pet them, look at the horses, ponies, goats and this kampong exhibit which was really creepy. The exhibit had cockroaches one-third the size of my body! The mannequins in that little hut seemed like they were just stolen from the set of a horror movie too! It's too scary to be inside alone. 

After giving ourselves a huge scare in the kampong exhibit and greeting the adorable rabbits, we went ahead to the water playground that's the hugest attraction at the Kidsworld. Hazel stayed to take care of our belongings since she didn't wish to get wet. Stefanie, Shaw and I played like little kids over there. In fact, most of the kids at the playground barely reached my waist and they were all accompanied by their parents. There was a boy who came over and hugged my leg randomly. I'm not sure why he did that but he must have gotten lost. But aside from that, it was great being able to play with the water and the slides. I say that while ignoring the huge age disparity between the kids playing at the playground and us, of course. 

We visited many more animals after drying ourselves afterwards. Unfortunately, I was really uncomfortable because I forgot to bring a change of underwear. It's not exactly comfy to have wet undergarments with dry clothes on top. When we went for two animal shows afterwards, I left a wet 'butt-print' on the wooden benches after sitting on them. It was kind of embarrassing. 

It was a long ride back to the bus interchange from the zoo. I think Shaw and I dozed off after getting seats on the bus while Stefanie stayed awake. I woke up with a crick in my neck and remained quite dazed on the rest of the trip home. It's good that I managed to recognise the bus stop Stefanie and I were supposed to alight at to take the third bus. It's the same bus I take each Chinese New Year to visit my cousins. The two of us were very lucky that day, by the way. We didn't need to wait more than a minute for the buses we took! I couldn't believe our luck!

Besides the zoo outing, I also went out with Mummy on Thursday. The library was our first stop, where I returned and borrowed more books. Since the selection of novels isn't interesting, I borrowed a recipe book and this guide on web design. Mummy borrowed some book on healthy lifestyle. Thanks to that book, I'm now banned from eating too much sweets since eating too much sweets could lead to hair loss apparently. 

Nex Serangoon, a relatively new mall in the north, was our next stop. It looks very much like a normal heartland mall, with lots of food outlets and grocery stores for the people living nearby. In fact, I think it has more food than anything. The mall was pretty big too and Mummy and I just browsed through most of the shops on each level. Maybe because it was a Thursday, but the place seemed empty. The two of us didn't shop much and we went back without buying anything in the end. My stomach was also giving me problems. I think my gastric problems might be coming back. I'm crossing my fingers that my tummy would be better soon. I don't want to visit the doctor!

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.