celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
I want to hold your hand
Saturday, December 10, 2011 @ 5:03 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
(via http://www.fond-ecran-image.com)

There's something so magical about a baby's hands that makes them seem so surreal. I can't picture myself having such tiny hands at all. Was I ever that small? 

I was on the train with Mummy a few days ago and there was this baby boy who was wailing at the top of his lungs. He quietened down after his mummy pushed a pacifier into his mouth. He proceeded on to pluck my mobile phone from my hands but couldn't reach far enough. He then settled for (my) Mummy's index finger since she was playing with him. That was when I was struck for the nth time, how cute a baby's hand can be. The baby was really endearing and he was such a precocious-looking child! 

Childbirth is a scary thing and pregnancy is a tiring process. Or so I've learnt in Biology back in Secondary school. Plus any parent would agree that having a child is a huge commitment and there are many challenges to face. I remember Mrs Yip, my Biology teacher, ever saying that a child is a parasite of some form while in the mother's womb. After all, the definition of a parasite is an organism that lives in another organism and feeds off its host's nutrients at its host' expense. That's exactly what happens when a foetus is forming in the womb. 

But this parasite would then grow to become such an adorable baby when he or she is born. It's amazing, isn't it? It could just be me, but it's just like magic! Imagine this life growing inside and once born, the child would grow to be an adult in just two decades! 






© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.