celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
A 2011 Summary
Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 11:23 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Disclaimer: 
This post was written on New Year's day but it wasn't published. Till now, that is.


2011 has been quite a year for me. I was initially hesitant about going to a polytechnic. I must admit that I had some preconceived notions about polytechnics based on what my teachers and seniors told me. But I don't reget going to SP.

Of course, there are several instances I feel left out from my friends from Crescent. I'm not in a Junior College. I don't have common tests. I don't have promos. I don't take Math or economics. I certainly have no need to complain about my 'uniform'. In short, it's a little difficult to find topics to talk about when I see my friends who are studying in JC now. I mean, it's inevitable that friends drift apart but sometimes I do wonder if it'd be easier to maintain our friendship if I had gone to a JC instead. 

Nevertheless, I've made a lot of friends in SP despite drifting apart from my Secondary school friends. It's the first time I'm even considered to be in a proper 'clique'. In fact, I used to be called the 'social butterfly'. Somehow I became part of a 'clique'. It's even more amazing how a 'clique' of five could expand into twelve. It gets pretty challenging when we're eating together since we often can't find enough seats for everyone. We're about half the class strength! The group's a fun bunch of nice people. 

I've also managed to take up French. It's tougher than I expected. I'm not fantastic at it and I'm not sure if I should take it up for another academic year. Maybe I ought to see how I score for the last exam before deciding. But seriously, learning a third language is not as easy as I'd thought. It requires a lot of constant practice. Something which I hardly do. Oh well. Je ne sais pas. 

I also got to meet a lot of new friends outside of my diploma course in LEAP camp. It was a camp I initially was reluctant to attend, since it sounded pretty daunting. I must admit it's the toughest camp I've ever gone for so far. But that's what made it such a memorable experience too! Plus, I got to meet Cong Han through the camp. I never expected to get to know my boyfriend in a camp. It's the least likeliest place, isn't it? 

It has been a year of many first-times. This year seems like a fresh new start since I'm now in a drastically different environment. Hopefully, the year doesn't end in 2012 for real! There are still many things I wish to accomplish. Goals to achieve, and dreams to chase after. 


Labels: , ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.