Chalet Havoc
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 @ 5:29 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Yesterday didn't start off very well. I came to know about certain unhappiness between a few of my classmates but could not do anything since I gave my word that I wouldn't interfere. I wish I didn't do that since said person wouldn't learn his/her mistakes. Why does everyone keep spoon-feeding him/her?
But I'm not in the position to say anything since I made a big blunder afterwards. I was supposed to meet my classmates and take the shuttle bus together to the chalet since Matin had already checked in. Unfortunately, a few were late and the bus was too small to contain all of us. Coupled with the fact that some were complaining about how hot it was, we decided not to walk but to take a bus to Downtown East and then walk from there.
I was so sure that we had to take bus 403 from the interchange. We ended up going all the way to Pasir Ris Park, which was in the opposite direction, and then making a loop which brought us back to the interchange once more. I felt really bad. Pascal later remarked that I shouldn't ever be a tour guide. I agree.
Anyway, Stefanie and I ended up taking bus 5 to meet Matin at Downtown East while the rest took the shuttle bus to the chalet. By the time we were back at the interchange, they were just in time for the next shuttle bus. The three of us bought drinks and snacks at Downtown East. It was quite strange seeing Escape Theme Park and Wild Wild Wet being so empty over there.
By the time we got back to the chalet, Hanissah and Ziwei had managed to wreck one of the bedrooms. There were strands of toilet paper stuffed everywhere with pails and chairs thrown into the bedroom. Shaw, Pascal and I had to clean up the mess afterwards. The boys wouldn't have anywhere to place their bags otherwise. The class also suddenly decided to have a BBQ along with the original plan to buy pizzas. I guess they changed their mind after seeing the BBQ pit just outside our unit.
Stefanie, Avelin, Matin and I then made another trip to Downtown East to buy pizzas and the necessities for a BBQ. It was all well till we found out we smartly left the charcoal out while buying our stuff. This time, Pascal accompanied Stefanie and me to get the charcoal from the chalet's mini-mart. I'd lost count of the number of times I'd gone in and out of the chalet by then.
After eating the pizzas, nearly everyone went out to the swimming pool nearby. Shreya stayed with me to marinate the chicken wings. There was also this small lizard in the kitchen. I was already too tired to scream when I spotted it. Since there was nothing else to do, I locked the place up and left for the pool with Shreya after I was done with the chicken. Since the lizard was still lurking about, I stuffed the marinated chicken wings into the microwave. I mean, you never know.
Those who were staying over had extra clothes and they played in the swimming pool. There was even a jacuzzi. Some went to the arcade to play while the others sat near the edge with me. It was a clear night and I saw plenty of stars in the sky too!
The BBQ finally started at around nine at night. I was in charge of the sausages at first but switched with Pascal who was tending to the chicken wings after a while. Although the first few chicken wings were a little burnt, I wasn't so bad after all! Hazel was my 'chicken-checker'. She helped to check if my chicken wings were cooked enough. Just in case.
I got a lift from Shreya's parents when I went back at ten. I'd only just managed to eat one of the sausages but I'd rather go home. There wasn't much to do at the chalet except to cook anyway. The rest were still playing cards or cooking when I left.
An update: Just this morning, I woke up with diarrhoea and found out Hazel and Matin had it too! It's gone by now but maybe it could have been the pizzas, the sausages or just the charcoal fumes. Oh well.
P.S.: The correct bus is 354. I knew there was a '4' in the number!
Labels: Captured by the lens, CASS, classouting