celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Sea Salt & Take-Offs
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 @ 11:34 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light


The previous week has been really fun. Cong Han and I went on a picnic at East Coast Park last week. The weather was perfect (although it got a bit too hot afterwards). I woke up at 6am to prepare the food and went back to sleep afterwards. It wasn't a wise move since I overslept and was late meeting Cong Han at the station. We then proceeded to wait for 401 at Bedok bus interchange. It was a good fifteen minutes before I realised that the bus doesn't operate on weekdays. We ended up taking a cab to the place.



We laid out the mat and food and ended up sitting there eating everything in one shot. Well, I did most of the eating since I was starving. 





The afternoon sun was scorching hot so we ended up walking around the park instead of sitting on the mat like a normal picnic after a while. The sea view was good and there were quite a few ships in the sea waiting to dock. Cong Han also found a peculiar object on the beach. It's a bowl-shaped seashell! We also spotted a hole. It could have been where a turtle laid her eggs..









Maybe it was a lucky thing that we strolled along the park. We arrived at the convenience store 7-Eleven and bought a Slurpee since we were thirsty. It was my second time having the drink and it's really awesome!! I mean, it might be really unhealthy but it tastes great! We ended up at McDonald's and spent about an hour or so in there since it began to rain heavily.





After the rain finally stopped, we went out and took photos of nearly everything we saw. Or rather, I took photos of nearly everything I saw and asked Cong Han to help me take some too. He's better at photography. We also stalked two birds for a while.






Since the weather was fine again, we went cycling. I pleaded with Cong Han to let us get the double-seater bike. It's so much easier and it proved to be a great decision. We cycled all the way to Changi and even saw the runway! If I'd taken a separate bike, we wouldn't have been able to see the runway.




I was awed when I saw the planes! I've never been this close to them! I was really happy that he brought me there. Maybe I ought to bring along a personal wooden plank to cross the drain the next time. I slipped into it and Cong Han had to haul me up because of my short legs.

Labels: ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.