Squashed at IT Fair
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 @ 7:05 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I can understand why almost everyone squeeze into Suntec each time at IT fair comes on. The deals are pretty good! Cong Han and I went there on the first day to look around. It was just as well since I was looking for a new digital camera. My white Sony camera (I've forgotten the model name) is starting to spoil after its loyal five years with me.
After taking all the brochures I could find for the different brands of cameras, I went to Suntec with Cong Han on the last day of the IT fair again to get one. I initially wanted something pretty like the Olympus Pen series. But mummy and Cong Han both recommended the Olympus Tough-6020, which is supposedly shockproof and waterproof. Given my luck with my electronic devices, I usually drop them after a month or so. The horrifying dents on my Macbook, iPhone case, and even my dead laptop from Crescent are proof of my special jinx. So it isn't that strange for them to recommend the hardy Tough-6020 which makes up for its really basic design with its durability. I got it at less than half the original price.
After getting my camera, we went to look at the televisions. Cong Han wanted to take a look at them and there were hourly specials where prices get slashed coupled with free gifts thrown in too. After about an hour of consideration, he got a television with a free sound system. It was quite a hassle pulling the purchase around. Cong Han managed to carry it down the stairs since the elevators were too slow and the escalators were chocked with people. I have no idea where he got the strength from.
We then ate at Marina Square while waiting for his dad to pick us up to get the new television. Unfortunately we had to get back to Tampines for dinner with mummy and we took a taxi eventually. It was quite amusing. The television was too long to get into the car boot and we had to slot it in the passenger seat instead. I sat behind the television and squeezed my legs at the extreme side while Cong Han sat in front with the driver. I guess it's pretty good that my legs are short after all!
Labels: Captured by the lens