What did you do last weekend?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 @ 4:54 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Last Friday was my second time to Nex, the gigantic shopping mall in Serangoon. I met up with Stefanie, Avelin, CX, Ziwei and Joey for lunch there. I got lost as usual, but I found my way eventually. It took another forty minutes to decide on where we should eat. I was starving by then. Our group eventually chose Swensen's.
I ordered a plate of spaghetti and had deep-fried mushrooms for my side dish.

I'm not used to sharing my food and I got pretty annoyed when Ziwei took some of my spaghetti and mushrooms without asking. I hadn't even started on the spaghetti and it was already stabbed with his fork! Having people take my things without asking irritates me to no end. Unless it's understood that I allow you to do so. Anyway, the food was good. Our group ended up gossiping in the restaurant.
I'm not used to sharing my food and I got pretty annoyed when Ziwei took some of my spaghetti and mushrooms without asking. I hadn't even started on the spaghetti and it was already stabbed with his fork! Having people take my things without asking irritates me to no end. Unless it's understood that I allow you to do so. Anyway, the food was good. Our group ended up gossiping in the restaurant.
You know, sometimes I feel some things people say can be horribly mean. I mean, I know it's normal for anyone to bitch and lament about everyone and everything. It's your opinion after all. Everyone needs to let off steam at times too. But I can't help but think some people go too far sometimes. Maybe that's just my opinion. Talking and complaining about others' flaws seems reasonable enough, but making up cruel jokes at the target's expense isn't. Especially if they are bad jokes. I don't even know how these people are able to face their victims with a smiling face after saying such mean remarks behind their backs. Does this mean that they would do the same behind my back too?
On a brighter note, I attended Wild Empire's latest concert, Nouveau Début at Alliance Française de Singapour. I was there for Juniper and I met my choir seniors Ariel and Jollin there too. I invited Cong Han along since he likes classical music too. Although I have to admit that it wasn't the best choir concert I've attended, it was nice watching the choristers perform. In fact, it wasn't the usual choral concert with the whole choir singing and a conductor directing them. Most of the repertoire was solo pieces or duets. Juniper did a duet with another singer. There was also the guest choir Tampines Junior College choir that sang a few pop songs. Ms Ong, a conductor I used to perform under previously, also did a surprise duet with Timothy. Those who were from Crescent choir would know him, since he was always with Ms Ong in our past performances! I wonder if they are a couple in real life.
I was initially worried that Cong Han wouldn't be able to make it for the concert since he was rushing from the west. He was busy with other matters earlier in the day, but he managed to make it five minutes before the concert started. The both of us didn't have dinner and ended up having supper (or is it still dinner?) near midnight afterwards. Thank goodness no one heard my stomach growl during the performances!