celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
A month or two to the next holiday...
Monday, April 16, 2012 @ 11:08 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light




I must say I've enjoyed this holiday. I visited the IT fair, bought a new camera, had a picnic at East Coast Beach, attended a choir concert, , visited the zoo, watched plenty of movies, learnt how to cycle (with the best teacher), played at a game cafe and even went kite-flying. Plus I managed to sleep to my heart's content.

I think my greatest achievement was learning how to ride the bicycle. I can't remember the book but I read  that every child learns how to ride a bicycle from his/her dad or brother. Well, my father didn't teach me and Mummy gave up after I nearly crashed into any inanimate object in Pasir Ris Park several times. So I never knew how to cycle till recently, that is.




Well, as it turned out, Cong Han managed to teach me how to cycle in just about an hour. Alright, it might be a long duration for some, but at least I finally know how to maneuver the bicycle! It must be an amusing sight - there were toddlers learning too aside from me. Well, I was so giddy with happiness, that I decided to cycle faster and faster. I was still a little unsteady and Cong Han cycled near me just in case I crashed into anything. Well I didn't crash but I fell. Which doesn't really make a difference in terms of getting hurt actually. 

There was this boy who was also cycling pretty fast in the opposite direction. I got scared and swerved to avoid him but lost control of the bicycle and fell flat on the ground instead. I must say I got quite a number of scrapes and wounds. The boy looked terrified when he saw my wounds bleeding. Oh well. 

Anyway, I hope the scars wouldn't be too obvious. I couldn't help but pick at the scabs once they started to itch so two of my wounds bled a little again. Otherwise, I can't wait to cycle again! 

There was also my first time flying a kite successfully. Cong Han and I got really tanned under the afternoon sun but it was awesome! Our kite flew incredibly high and I nearly thought the plane would bumped into it! The view was also beautiful from the Marina Barrage despite the overcast sky. 

Of course, I visited the zoo this holiday too. Thanks to Mummy, Cong Han and I got zoo passes and spent most of the day at the water playground in KidsWorld. We also watched an animal show 'The Rainforest Fights Back' and covered most of the exhibits. The main highlight was the water playground though hoho. Here are some photos from our visit..

         



In addition, I got to be a bassist for a few hours at a game cafe with my classmates at the game cafe. It was my first time playing 'Rock Band' and I got the hang of it after a few rounds. Maybe I shall join Stefanie and Avelin for the dancing game next time.







© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.