After a fortnight
Saturday, July 19, 2008 @ 10:57 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Although it was a Wednesday, I had to stay back mainly for the Speech Day rehearsal. There were many problems and most of the time, the choir was left alone onstage. Teryne and I felt like BBQ-ed pork - those that they sell at discounted prices during CNY and the shops will have some reddish light shining onto them. Yeah, there were red spotlights on us. Diu Diu Dang a was sung well on that day if I remember correctly, although we didn't sing that during the rehearsal.
There was also English oral yesterday. Our class got Mr Ravi as the examiner. I'm not sure if I will fare well for this exam as he didn't show any indication whatsoever. Reading was okay, but the Picture Discussion part was quite horrible. The photograph featured was about a few teenage boys accompanying young toddlers on floats in a swimming pool. All of them were males. I interpret it as: It is a collaboration between the NS guys and some Kindergarden school. This was partly because the reading passage was on NS Navy, and all the guys didn't look above 20. All of them had shaved heads too. So it should be okay if I said that right? Unlike others, he only asked me one question excluding "what do you think is happening in this picture". He asked, "What is the likelihood of something happening?". I was answering halfway when I forgot the question. That was when I stopped suddenly and asked, "Again?". I think he got irritated and he repeated his question. Hope I will manage to do well for this exam somehow.
My friend got into VJIP. Well, lots of people are applying for IP now. Let's just say, I decided not to try out for this IP thing as my grades are not good enough. Plus, I have already decided to stick to Crescent for four years and not two. Third reason would be that I know I will die from the workload in IP. Plain ol' me will always know what are my limits =]
But I kinda admire those who got in or are already in this programme. It just shows that they are really really really smart and they work fast. =O
Labels: choir, Crez chorale, School Days, Speech Day