Deck the Halls
Thursday, December 25, 2008 @ 11:28 am leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
Merry Christmas!
I don't really feel the Christmas mood this year though. Maybe it's because I've just painted my house and the furniture is in quite a mess. Or maybe it's because I have yet to complete my homework. I'm working on it, thank you. 陈老师may have said that this year's homework is easy as we only need to type out a minimum of four substantial journal entries on the Koobits software. Sure, it does sound better than book reviews and such but as I was trying to do my Chinese homework on Christmas Eve, I realised the standards of my Mandarin. Oh well.
My mum got an Ipod nano-chromatic for me! Plus a little soft toy chick. It's just really great of her to get me such nice things. =D
I bought her perfume and gave her a hand-made card plus a drawing which I took two and a half hours to do. I had to use so many markers, pigment pens and colours to just draw that Christmas tree. Thank goodness my mum loves the Christmas tree piece. I haven't been drawing for some time and I was worried my designing skills have all but drained away.
Thinking about it, this Christmas has not been that bad either. Sure, my best friend is currently ignoring me. But I made new friends from the festival this December and I became braver so much so as to add people online.
The 6/9 gathering was made up of seventeen people out of the past forty-three. Anyway, I met Jolene and Chan Qy at Simei MRT station and we were walking towards some faraway bus stop when we had to backtrack to the station once more. Daniel suddenly called up and asked to meet us at the station. Somehow, we managed to find our way to Kelly's house. Jolene was leading the way most of the time.
We also found out how vain Daniel and Benedict are since they just can't stop worrying about their hair. Once we reached the house, they zoomed to the mirror and arranged their hair once more. It was also hilarious when Daniel actually mistook a shaver for a house phone.
We were the first few to arrive so time was spent just sitting around to wait for the others to come. Next came Avelene and after Christel, Tabitha, Beth and Priscilla reached the place, we started to pool the DVDs together and choose which to watch. Prisicilla declared that we should watch the NC16 movies since she doesn't get to watch them at home.
We started with Wall-E which is so much more innocent compared to the rest of the shows. While we ate the pizza, Iris, Cally and Kai Ho arrived. Some people left during the second show I think. Next up was Wanted and Tropic Thunder. Wanted was kind of nice if you exclude some parts of the movie. Tropic Thunder was funny in a really sadistic way. Both movies were really bloody.
In the end, only the girls and Kai Ho were left. Our Movie Marathon only had three movies and lots of junk food. But at least the gathering was kind of successful since almost twenty came.
I don't really feel the Christmas mood this year though. Maybe it's because I've just painted my house and the furniture is in quite a mess. Or maybe it's because I have yet to complete my homework. I'm working on it, thank you. 陈老师may have said that this year's homework is easy as we only need to type out a minimum of four substantial journal entries on the Koobits software. Sure, it does sound better than book reviews and such but as I was trying to do my Chinese homework on Christmas Eve, I realised the standards of my Mandarin. Oh well.
My mum got an Ipod nano-chromatic for me! Plus a little soft toy chick. It's just really great of her to get me such nice things. =D
I bought her perfume and gave her a hand-made card plus a drawing which I took two and a half hours to do. I had to use so many markers, pigment pens and colours to just draw that Christmas tree. Thank goodness my mum loves the Christmas tree piece. I haven't been drawing for some time and I was worried my designing skills have all but drained away.
Thinking about it, this Christmas has not been that bad either. Sure, my best friend is currently ignoring me. But I made new friends from the festival this December and I became braver so much so as to add people online.
The 6/9 gathering was made up of seventeen people out of the past forty-three. Anyway, I met Jolene and Chan Qy at Simei MRT station and we were walking towards some faraway bus stop when we had to backtrack to the station once more. Daniel suddenly called up and asked to meet us at the station. Somehow, we managed to find our way to Kelly's house. Jolene was leading the way most of the time.
We also found out how vain Daniel and Benedict are since they just can't stop worrying about their hair. Once we reached the house, they zoomed to the mirror and arranged their hair once more. It was also hilarious when Daniel actually mistook a shaver for a house phone.
We were the first few to arrive so time was spent just sitting around to wait for the others to come. Next came Avelene and after Christel, Tabitha, Beth and Priscilla reached the place, we started to pool the DVDs together and choose which to watch. Prisicilla declared that we should watch the NC16 movies since she doesn't get to watch them at home.
We started with Wall-E which is so much more innocent compared to the rest of the shows. While we ate the pizza, Iris, Cally and Kai Ho arrived. Some people left during the second show I think. Next up was Wanted and Tropic Thunder. Wanted was kind of nice if you exclude some parts of the movie. Tropic Thunder was funny in a really sadistic way. Both movies were really bloody.
In the end, only the girls and Kai Ho were left. Our Movie Marathon only had three movies and lots of junk food. But at least the gathering was kind of successful since almost twenty came.
Labels: 6906, choir, Christmas, WYCF