Tomorrow's Graduation Day
Thursday, October 07, 2010 @ 8:10 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I've been having dreams of people I know from the past recently.
Among them, the one who stood out the most was a person whom I used to like very much; a person who knew me really well. Or maybe it's just the strong sense of nostalgia that's hitting me so suddenly. Could it be that the flu I'm having is affecting my sleep?
When I graduated from my previous school, there wasn't much fuss about it. There was no 'Graduation Night' nor a celebration. The last day of school just quietly came and went just like that. Perhaps I could have done much more and forge stronger friendships if not for my painfully shy attitude towards my peers. But even then, friends drift apart no matter what. That I realize just a year ago. It hurts I suppose, when you realize someone whom you used to talk to over the phone about the most trivial and mundane matters at the end of each day has grown distant. It hurts even more when you finally know that your status has changed from someone who matters to that of just a mere acquaintance. Perhaps the least painful way out is to ignore the irrational feeling of somehow being betrayed and just move on in life. In time to come, new friends replace the old and life's good once more. Sometimes though, it's hard. Especially when the person used to be someone special to you. It's just too hard to forget, and too difficult to ignore.
Sometimes, I can't help but wonder if I'd ever been a truly great friend to those I've drifted apart from. Maybe, just maybe, if I'd been much more persistent, if only I'd not been so passive, could I still have sustained those lost friendships or bonds which have been shriveled up to nothingness?
Labels: 6906, School Days