celestial awakening
xxxxxx
night stars are the street lights of eternity.
Long-windedness
Sunday, November 27, 2011 @ 10:29 pm leave a comment? | 0 shed some light
I squeal (whether inwardly or aloud) whenever I see Erik.

The time-gap between my posts is getting longer. Well, it's not like I have readers who check on this site regularly anyway. But here I am, trying to breathe some life into this place. Or type some life, in this case. This is an awfully long post, by the way. 




To be honest, I miss the Crescentian way of singing the birthday song. Only those who were from Crescent would know what I mean. There's nothing more special than screaming at the last few lines of the song just for the fun of it. But it's still great singing the birthday song for the November babies in class. There are four of us!

I didn't post on my birthday unfortunately because I was busy with my assignments, if I'm not wrong. I wore the dress Mummy bought for my birthday with a pair of high heels to school that day. Since I had brunch with Mummy that morning, I had to rush over to Dover for my afternoon lesson. I was pretty late and I wasn't the only one. Joey, Ziwei and Elijah walked past me while we were all hurrying to school without recognising me. I must have looked very different, because everyone stared once I stepped into the media lab. It's pretty strange being called 'hot' or 'sexy' suddenly, but that's what my friends said when commenting on my outlook on my birthday. I never knew a dress coupled with high heels could make such a difference! 

Our CS (Conceptualization & Structure) tutorial still went on as per normal and Stella let each group have their consultations with her for their stories. But when it came to my group's turn to discuss our story with Stella, I was in the middle of explaining our concept when Stefanie came in with a birthday cake in her hands. The class started singing a birthday song for me and I think I kind of froze up. I never expected them to do that for me! The rest of the November babies also joined me at the front of the lab while the class sang.

We gathered outside to have the cake afterwards since no food was allowed in the media lab. It was pretty awkward since we were out in the corridor and people kept passing through. But it was so nice of Stefanie and the rest to have a celebration for those born in November! I was really happy. 

I didn't get a chance to eat dinner with Mummy at night though. Mummy had to rush to the office after brunch for an important meeting and she had to stay late to finish up some work. I ended up eating sashimi for dinner. My own birthday treat to myself. Heh. 

Then there was also 11/11/11 the next day. Apparently if we made wishes at 11.11am, on 11/11/11, the wishes would come true. We had EP (Scriptwriting for Entertainment Programmes) tutorial on that day. Since Swee Lin sent us out to discuss our ideas and host links for our gameshows, my group sat in a circle at Hilltop Haven making wishes for one whole minute. Hazel even made us hold hands with each other. Stefanie, Shaw, Hazel, Avelin and I must have made a strange sight - imagine five people holding hands with their eyes closed and sitting in a circle! It was fun though! 

By the way, I've watched a total of four movies this month. There was Meet John Doe, 海角七号 (Cape No. 7), Happy Feet 2, and 那些年 我们一起追的女孩 (You're the Apple of My Eye). Meet John Doe was a film made in the 1940s. We watched it in black-and-white during our WMM (World Issues and the Media Maker) tutorial. It basically showed how media could twist the truth and people's perceptions, and how it could be used as a tool for politics. Quite a few fell asleep while watching the movie since it was pretty long and since it was an old film, it didn't really appeal to many of us. I found it quite interesting but the ending was a little too safe. Maybe because it was set in that era. 

As for 海角七号, Stella initially promised to bring us to Plaza Singapura's Golden Village cinema to watch 那些年 我们一起追的女孩 (You're the Apple of My Eye) for our CS tutorial to learn about character development. Unfortunately, she had an urgent meeting to attend on the day we were supposed to watch the movie. We ended up watching 海角七号 in this mini-theatre room in the Main Library. I thought the whole movie would have been so much better without the female lead. She was annoying. Otherwise it is a great film and I thought the voice-overs for the love letters was pretty good. 

Happy Feet 2 can be summarised in just one word: adorable. I watched it with Cong Han last weekend. I barely managed not to squeal aloud when I saw those fluffy, poofy, squishy, chubby penguins. They were so incredibly cute!! I wonder if penguin chicks are that poofy-looking in real life. Although I think the sequel can't top the first, the whole general idea of self-esteem was still intact and coupled with all the cute characters, I enjoyed it very much. Or I was just biased towards the penguins. I even got a soft toy penguin that came with the popcorn set. 

I finally got the chance to watch 那些年 我们一起追的女孩 last Friday with Cong Han too. The film is made by the same director as 海角七号. I initially wondered why it was NC16 but after the first few minutes of the show, I understood why. The dialogue between the characters was peppered with vulgarities and there were several sexual innuendos which took me some time to even understand. Oh, but the storyline was so bittersweet and it's like a poignant romance novel you'd find in a small bookstore on some dreamy street. It's somewhat like a reflection of how lovers may not end up together despite their feelings. Something like that, I guess. 

Anyway, I finally understood a few of the innuendos yesterday when I attended Chuan Ying's birthday BBQ party. After Matin, Ziwei, Hazel and CX tried to explain, I managed to get the whole meaning of a scene in the movie. At least I got rid of my burning question. 

We also played 'Truth or Dare' and 'Kings' to pass the time. Matin, Elijah and Pascal are great cooks by the way! I wanted to help but I figured I'd be more of a trouble to them so I ended up playing and eating the food when it's ready. There were a lot of silly dares and questions tossed around the entire evening. Shaw ended up having the worst luck when we played 'Kings' - he got all the physical orders and by the end of the whole game, he was perspiring profusely! 

We later walked around the condominium. I needed the restroom but was afraid to go in on my own because the place looked like it was just cut right out of a horror film. Joey and Stefanie accompanied me inside while the guys waited outside. I saw a cockroach when I was in the cubicle however and screamed. Once I screamed, Joey and Stefanie also screamed and it became some screaming fit between the three of us and we ran out afterwards. The security guard outside scolded us for making such a racket at such a late hour. Oops. It's pretty funny when I think about it now actually!

When we went off as a group later, Chuan Ying forgot to hand us her card and a few actually climbed over the wall to get out. I nearly climbed over but stopped when I looked down. It was really high! I ended up climbing down and went through the gate when Chuan Ying came over with her card afterwards. Otherwise I'd have climbed over a wall for the first time. It isn't as easy as it seems on TV shows. Really.

Labels: , ,





© Mei Jun. Contents are owned by the owner unless otherwise stated.
Layout hand-coded by Rainy Martini. With colors from colourlovers and fonts from googlefonts.